cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting billed for Roaming when not roaming

Canucker2024
I've been here awhile

First off, please ignore my username/alias as I was trying to type something else and it autocorrected to "cancer" and I was typing fast and it autocorrected right when I clicked save.  My apologies. I can't figure out how to change it now.

Anyways, I keep getting billed for roaming ($12) whenever I go to my brother's house who lives by the water.  We're still in Canada but it thinks we're in the USA (I believe Whitby Island). I've tried going on chat and I've tried calling and I just don't have hours to spend trying to reverse all of these charges I always get. It's not worth spending hours but it's getting ridiculous always getting charged for these visits. Can you please reverse the charges without me having to spend hours on the phone / chat?

Thank you!

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Getting billed for Roaming when not roaming

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Canucker2024 : This is very easy to fix. Simply go into your phone's settings and set the Network to "Rogers" instead of "Auto".  When you wan to roam when travelling, switch it back to Auto.

You cannot have the charges reversed here. You will need to contact Rogers in any of the many ways outlined in the contact us link at the bottom of this page, or you may wish to PM the mods on this forum.  Click @CommunityHelps  and send a message.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Canucker2024 : This is very easy to fix. Simply go into your phone's settings and set the Network to "Rogers" instead of "Auto".  When you wan to roam when travelling, switch it back to Auto.

You cannot have the charges reversed here. You will need to contact Rogers in any of the many ways outlined in the contact us link at the bottom of this page, or you may wish to PM the mods on this forum.  Click @CommunityHelps  and send a message.

Canucker2024
I've been here awhile

Thank you, @57 !  Appreciate that!  I didn't know you could do that.  In addition to the Network "ROGERS", there is also "Rogers-EXT" twice and "Freedom".  Should I select any of those like Rogers-EXT?

@Canucker2024 :  I'm not sure. I'd select Rogers.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have always kept my phone on Manual network scan since I had the ability to do such decades ago,

I have always learned at a young age that if u want to be on one network only and not roam, you must do this.  This is why I find the Rogers EXT networks to be a bunch of nonsense.  they are not rogers network, rogers is admitting they don't have cellular towers in these areas and instead of adding network coverage they simply opened up a roaming agreement with Bellus to use their towers,  but there is a caveat, if you are caught using the EXT network for extended periods, when your home network is available, you will be blocked/barred from using it

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation