cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Regarding Unstable Internet Service and Unfair Cancellation Fees

Pak202456h
I've been around

Dear Rogers Customer Support,

I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction with the internet service provided by Rogers over the past three months. Despite being a loyal customer for over seven years, the recent performance of your service has been highly disappointing and has severely impacted my work.

For the past three months, the internet connection has been extremely unstable, frequently disconnecting for several minutes at a time. This issue is particularly problematic as I work from home and rely on a stable internet connection for my job. The disconnections often occur in the afternoons, during critical work meetings, causing significant disruptions and professional inconvenience.

Despite numerous calls to your technical support department, the representatives were unable to detect any issues and assured me that everything was functioning correctly. However, the instability persisted, leaving me with no choice but to switch to a different internet service provider.

When I attempted to cancel my Rogers service, I was informed by your agent that I was under contract and would need to pay a termination fee of $230 plus tax. This came as a complete surprise, as I was not aware of any contract, and I find it unreasonable to be charged for cancelling a service that was not being reliably provided.

Given the circumstances, I believe it is unfair to expect payment for a service that was consistently failing. The instability of your service has caused significant disruption to my work and daily life. I kindly request that you reconsider the termination fee in light of the service issues I have experienced.

I hope for a prompt and fair resolution to this matter.

**Labels Updated**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Complaint Regarding Unstable Internet Service and Unfair Cancellation Fees

DigTV99
I plan to stick around

I'm in a similar situation.  I also asked if they would waive the early termination fee and they refused.  They would not even consider a credit despite 3 fiber cuts occurring in the last 3 months that resulted in 6-8 hours of downtime and 1-3 daily disconnections since then.

You can consider contacting the Commission for Complaints for Telecom Services.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

I think Rogers has more problems than they can handle and from what I can tell, they are not capable of fixing the numerous problems they have.  It's astounding that a company as large and wealthy as Rogers is so bad at maintaining a network. 

Re: Complaint Regarding Unstable Internet Service and Unfair Cancellation Fees

RogersMoin

Hello, @Pak202456h.

Thank you for joining our Community and sharing your recent service experience. We appreciate your patience and long-standing loyalty as a member of the Rogers family for over seven years.

We understand how critical a stable Internet connection is, mainly when working from home. It's disappointing that the tech support couldn't detect any issues with your connection.

Our Community has resident experts and advanced users who can help you find a solution; please feel free to post your connection details, signal levels, and home network setup.

When you renew your contract, you have the option of saving more when you enter into a Term/Contract of 2 years. It's surprising you were not made aware of this. Usually, that's one of the first few things we mention during the renewal; sorry, we missed it. You can check your email; you have received a couple of emails with the Critical Information Summary and Residential Service Agreement outlining the details of the term/contract.

We'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot the intermittency of your Internet. However, if you must cancel, since Customer Care teams can complete cancellations over the phone and live chat only, please continue to work with them.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation