cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for Service Interruption

g555
I've been around

Anyone else feel compensation is in order? Lost money in business deals because of the outage!

**Added Labels**

59 REPLIES 59

Re: Compensation for Service Interruption

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the date at the top of the bill? As discussed in the solution posted in this thread, as well as other posts, your credit should appear in your bill with an August date on it.  If your bill is dated July XX, then the credit will not be on it.

(Yes, I know you may be paying for August, or perhaps even some other period of time, but it's the date on the bill that matters.)

Apollogz
I've been here awhile

I see no credit and I was down for 20 days.

I get low level expendable nonsense "customer support"

LouiseDulong
I've been around

I just received my monthly bill and do not see a credit for the 5 day outage you had in July 2022! When can we expect this??

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

My bill  posted today has been adjusted to account for the credit.

par241
I've been here awhile

I'll inquire however I please, that is why your forum exist. 

If you are saying that my current month bill is paying for the previous month, then explain to me why when I first signed up for the service that I was billed on that same month? And I was not charged a prorated amount, it was for the entire month's bill on the same month I signed up and service was activated. Was I being billed for the previous month for which I was not a part of Rogers? How does your logic make sense there. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

My bill  posted today has been adjusted to account for the credit.

It's now August and I also received the "JULY 8 SERVICE OUTAGE CREDIT" on my bill.

workit
I've been around

I have received several Emails from Roger's president apologizing for the massive service outage last month and assuring me that I would receive an appropriate billing discount.Just received my bill and no change in billing.Why am I not surprised.Has anyone of Roger's customers actually received a rebate or discount.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@workit wrote:

1. Just received my bill and no change in billing.

2. Has anyone of Roger's customers actually received a rebate or discount.

1. What is the date on the top of the bill. Is it August?  The credit will be in the August bill.

2. Yes, see recent posts in this thread to which your post was probably moved.

jcooke1976
I've been around
I still haven’t received the credit and the latest bill came out today. This is pretty bad that Rogers can’t get their billing system to work either

RonMcD
I've been here awhile

I have just received my $29.00 rebate for 4 days of frustration plus almost a year of unsatisfactory reliability in my wifi and ignite. These are 2 different issues but are an indication of unacceptable weaknesses in the Rogers product. The support personnel have been patient and pleasant but powerless to help. They would appear to be the only competent group working for Rogers Communications.

**Labels Added**

gdmaclew
I plan to stick around

I received my latest bill yesterday and the credit was included.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got my credit which worked out to 5/31 of my normal bill.

Rick_B416
I'm here a lot

Of course but any compensation will be next to worthless.

I got a whole bunch of extra data for the next 3 months from Rogers due to the disruption. Data that I don't use and will never use because I don't use my phone to access streaming services. Whooopdee freaking doo! But it's what I've come to expect from one of the big telcos.

It reminds me of a previous issue I had years ago with Bell. One day I come home, when I still had a landline as this was the early 2000's, and see my phone isn't working. No big deal. It happens. The next day it was the same story. And the next day. I had to find a pay phone to call Bell to get a tech out to take a look. Luckily for me the issue was on their side of the demark so no charges. I was down for a week before my phone worked.

I was paying $50 a month just for home phone use. This was something like $22 for local calls and all the things on top like call display, call answer and all that. So a week's worth of compensation should have been a week taken off of my entire bill right? Nope. It was taken off the local calls only. A whole $2.00 which isn't even a whole week. They just took it off from the time I called to the time they fixed it and they wouldn't budge.

I got a cell phone, only $35 a month for a Motorola flip phone, and cancelled my home service that day. Suddenly they were all apologetic and bending over backwards to keep me. They'd offer me something like a reduction in price for 6 months. I'd get all the bells and whistles for free during that time. Please please please stay with us but I told them to get lost. Where was all this goodwill before when I complained?

The reason is these people, and that includes Rogers, don't care about their customers. That is until you try to leave. Then they want to keep your business and will give you all sorts of things to keep you.

Yes Rogers should be compensating us for the outage and offering more than just extra data for no charge. But it's not going to happen. Why should they? The majority of people will stay with them regardless. So just throw a few crumbs their way while they made 14.66 billion dollars in 2021. And yet they still charge us outrageous prices because we're captive.

Rogers isn't your friend nor do they care about your business. They only want your money.

gdmaclew
I plan to stick around

Right bang on!

Gramied
I've been around

how do you get the $140 rebate for the power outage?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Gramied wrote:

how do you get the $140 rebate for the power outage?

How do you come up with $140 for maximum 5 days outage? Do you pay $ 10,220 a year for Rogers services?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Why did i not get credit for your network crash last spring

@Philadelphia wrote:

Why did i not get credit for your network crash last spring

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread.  Are you talking about the outage in July?  If so, please see earlier posts in this thread which indicated that an automatic credit (equivalent to 5 days) was issued in your August bill, which you probably received in September.

Topic Stats