cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for Service Interruption

g555
I've been around

Anyone else feel compensation is in order? Lost money in business deals because of the outage!

**Added Labels**

59 REPLIES 59

Re: Compensation for Service Interruption

par241
I've been here awhile

Hello, I understand that Rogers is automatically crediting 5 days worth of usage to compensate for the outage in July. I received my bill today for the month of July but no credit was automatically applied. I am on a wireless postpaid plan.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Then it means the credit was applied AFTER your bill was generated, and should appear on your NEXT invoice,  Since you received your July bill and the month is not over it means your billed for the month in advance but your usage is not known until the month is done so they  will show you the usage on the next bill and the corresponding  credit.

par241
I've been here awhile

Are you saying then that I'm on a prepaid plan? Because I am paying for a month in advance?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm absolutely NOT saying your on a prepaid plan. I'm saying your definately on a POST PAID Plan and your bill was likely GENERATED AFTER the outage credit was applied.  Also look at your bill, what date range does it say your billed for? how are you billed for the end of july if the month is not even over yet? if you make a long distance call tomorrow (28th) will it show on the bill you received? nope that is because your bill was already generated and printed,  billing systems are often work in mysterious ways so try to read your bills to get an idea of when the usage incurred first before inquiring about a credit

traci2
I've been around

When will credit be issued to accounts due to the outage?

"Since our network outage on July 8, I have had an opportunity to speak with many of you directly, about the impact of that day and the real frustration it caused."

Tony Staffieri
President and CEO, Rogers Communications

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@traci2 wrote:

When will credit be issued to accounts due to the outage?

See:  https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Compensation-for-Service-Interruption/m-p/4943...

I have not yet received a rebate on my account for the inconvenience the outage caused me. When can we expect to see it?

@AmandaMcGarity wrote:

I have not yet received a rebate on my account for the inconvenience the outage caused me. When can we expect to see it?

See: https://www.rogers.com/support/outage

ℹ️ UPDATE: We will be automatically crediting customers with the equivalent of five days service fees on their August bill.  --  Learn more >

You have not seen this credit because it has not been applied to any of our accounts yet, and will not until next month.

So for postpaid plans(which this primarily applies to) then by "August bill" you're referring to the bill received in August rather than the bill for the August billing cycle? There should probably be some clarification or updates posted because I too was expecting a smaller bill than I received for my August billing cycle(which of course is received at the end of July).
Having been a Rogers customer for 20 years, I must say I've been very disappointed with the handling of this whole situation and the individual emails from the guy at the top feel like little more than platitudes given the obvious omission of any sort of explanation or details as to why exactly our lives were disrupted so severely and abruptly. We're it not for my taking the time to research the matter further, specifically outside of the Rogers community, I would never have had any hints as to the cause. Taking responsibility doesn't mean jack if you're not telling US what you're responsible for. Especially when you're telling everyone else, eventually, after hearings with government officials.

@Realityshaper  Yes, Rogers could have (and should have) done much better communicating with their customers, both during and after the outage.  Many of the emails also did not articulate when the compensation credit would be applied... but once we learned that the credit would be applied to our August bill, then that's pretty clear; it's the bill that they send out in August.  Also, these credits will be costing Rogers something like $150 million, so it's understandable that they would want to keep that "in their pockets" for as long as possible.

As for the content of their public statements, that is driven by their executive, PR and legal teams... and they are pretty guarded when it comes to what they say and the details that they divulge.  (I am also still of the opinion that there is a lot more to what actually happened than what we have been told.)

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

Just got my August bill and there was NO credit for five days service fees.  

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mordinxx wrote:

Just got my August bill and there was NO credit for five days service fees.  

Okay, but we're still in the month of July.  My understanding is that Rogers will not even start applying credits for the outage until the month of August.

Amac60
I've been around

I also got my August bill, and I did not get the credit for the 5 days either.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Amac60 wrote:

I also got my August bill, and I did not get the credit for the 5 days either.

You and Rogers have a difference of opinion as to what is considered to be an "August" bill.  Hopefully, we'll see reports of people getting their credit as early as tomorrow.

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

They said "We will be automatically crediting customers with the equivalent of five days service fees on their August bill."  I just got notice my  bill for August was available and it was the full amount.  They should say what they mean, that we will get the credit on the bill we get in August.

rossrmae7
I've been here awhile

Just now received my bill and I see no credit applied! I am outraged at Rogers’ response and approach to this entire ordeal! I have always paid my bills on time, but I won’t be paying another cent to Rogers until I know they have paid their portion.

Just got our bill and it’s for the full amount !?
When do we get the rebate for the outage ?

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

What is the date at the top of your bill?

When will we be receiving the service outage credits on our bill?

Where is my outage refund?  I just received my August Ignite bill and there is no refund indicated.

momofjr58
I've been around

Same here...no credit at all

Topic Stats