cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Payment Due Date

TCV1214
I plan to stick around

The recent change in Rogers payment due date will have a negative impact on those on monthly programs/payments like ODSP for example, those that are desparately struggling in these times! For example, this month's payment due date is May 30th. This means one day before people on the programs would receive funds to pay their bill. They will now be charged late fees. You will make money, from a change that makes this convenient for you, off of people who are trying to pay their bills on time and keep a very expensive service already!

I am amazed how these things are not considered when changes like this are made. There should be a provision to ensure this is always the last day of the month. Please do not take advantage of your service with those who may need it the most!

And please do not suggest that individuals should try to make a payment arrangement, putting the onus on your customers. This is something that affects enough of your customers, that you should have given it consideration

***Edited Labels***

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Change in Payment Due Date

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G- wrote:

@57 wrote:

Not only has my due date not changed, but I get another month to pay since my Rogers Credit Card is also auto-paid from my bank on the CC due date. In addition, I get a rebate for the charges on my Rogers Credit Card.

I thought my payment due date had not changed but then it turned out that it did, so be careful.

@-G- :  I’m not sure why you were affected, however, I have not, as stated in my Rogers March bill/statement.   Are you on auto-pay?

1. For the last 15 years or so, my statement date has always been the last day of the month (e.g. May 30).
  2. On that statement, the auto (pre-authorized) payment date has always been the 14th of the next month (e.g. June 14).
  3. Around the 6th of the month I get an e-mail reminder from Rogers regarding the fact that my online bill/statement is available and regarding the upcoming auto-payment on the 14th.
  4. The amount due was always posted to my credit card around the 15th of the month (e.g. June 15th-16th).  That was again the case this month (June 15, today).
  5. I have auto-withdrawal on my credit card from my bank, so that amount leaves my bank, typically the last week of the following month, about 8 weeks after Rogers original bill/statement (e.g. July 27th).
  6. For the last 7 years I’ve had a Rogers MasterCard as my credit card and I get a rebate on everything charged to it, including the Rogers payments (which had an even higher rebate rate for a while).  My previous credit card also had rebates, but typically not as high.
  7. As I mentioned when the payment dates changed a couple of months ago, for some people, the people on auto-pay (pre-authorized payments) should not have been affected. As I stated earlier and will again, I have not been affected.

Here again is the full text from my March 31st bill/statement (underlining is mine):

We are making some changes that will impact how you pay your Rogers bill. These changes will take effect on your next bill.

1. Increasing flexibility when you pay through a financial institution:
    When you pay your Rogers bill through a financial institution, your bill will be considered paid on time when your payment is made by the required payment date. This means you will no longer have to allow additional time for payment processing.
  2. Payment Date Changes:
    Your Rogers bill payment date is changing. The new required payment date will be 21 days after your bill date. To see the required payment date of your current bill login to your MyRogers account at rogers.com/myrogers

If you have set up Autopay for your Rogers bill payments, the above changes do not impact you.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us in any of the ways listed in the Contact Us section of this bill or visit us at rogers.com/billing.

jfenow
I plan to stick around

Just an update… I cancelled my new billing cycle as I don’t think I should have to pay for the extra week. I pay by credit card anyway to get points and pay that card off in the middle of the month. The only drawback is I have to set an extra alert to remember to pay by the 29th because I pay all other bills on the 1st of the month. But I’ll get used to it. Better than putting extra money into Roger’s pocket.

I’d appreciate those that went ahead with changing their date to let us know if they charged you for an extra week when you receive your bill. Since I cancelled my change, I’m interested in knowing whether they do indeed charge for the extra week. Particularly to those that weren’t advised about the charge.

Well got my bill a few days ago no change to it called them again today and now supposedly it will be done for next month bill on due date change and they said they would not give me a penalty if I payed it a few days late, I don't even know if they will change it there saying they would and had a note to my file over a month ago and it wasn't done. There jerk alot of people around not happy with the services rogers puts there customers through to make extra $$$

jfenow
I plan to stick around

Thanks, Lizzie. I think it does take an extra month so you will probably see the change on your next bill. The original rep I chatted to online told me it wouldn’t show up the following month but the month after that. He was the one who also told me I would be charged for an extra week. Seems that if you phone in they are not telling you all the details (in my first phone call they told me nothing) but if you use an online chat, they do. Probably because we have the proof in writing in a chat whereas in a phone call, the customer has no proof. Pretty sneaky.

Shellyk
I've been around
Personally changing it to the 1st of each month alleviates the variations from one EOM to another. Some have 27 days, 30 days, 31 days so the 1st eliminates the EOM pension issues.

jfenow
I plan to stick around

After all that, I received my current bill and no refund for the late fee, even though two separate reps said I would be refunded. The first one said within 24 hours. When nothing showed on my account after several days, I contacted them again and the second rep assured me the refund was requested and would appear on my next bill. Is that what customer service is now, just lie to the customer to get them off the line? Or does the right hand not know what the left is doing? I’m not sure which is worse.

I’d be interested in hearing whether others that were promised the late fee reimbursement have actually received it when you get your next bill.

vilayan
I've been around

why did Rogers changed payment date ( from the 27th every month to 22nd ) with out giving me any notices in advance? Then I've been charged for late payment for I made payment on 27th each month as usual !!!!

It is so arrogant to ignoring customers !!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@vilayan wrote:

why did Rogers changed payment date ( from the 27th every month to 22nd ) with out giving me any notices in advance?

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread.  Notification was provided in one of your previous bill/statements. I got my notification in March.  Unfortunately, lots of people don't bother looking at their bills/statements, but that's not Rogers fault.  Here's a sample post from one of several threads on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Shrinking-Billing-Period/m-p/507092/highlight/...

Nuke9599
I've been here awhile
This reasoning is completely phony. I've been monitoring my payments ever since this started and every single payment I make is processed by Rogers within 24 hours. Furthermore, any online payment I make through my financial institution, that's some of money is removed from my account immediately. No matter how you slice it Rogers, you've taken away five business days for your customer's to pay their bill. Though it's more likely added five more days for your customer's money to sit in your bank accounts and collect interest

ken4u754
I've been here awhile

You have to be kidding. That is a self serving and backward logic answer. The payment due dates force late charges on customers that have to rely on their end of month income to pay their bills. Your answer is a viciously irresponsible.

ken4u754
I've been here awhile

Your OK, so any others don't matter.

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
You know when your bill is due. Put that money aside when you get money for the bill or even pay it early. Late fees aren't a new thing. Changing your billing date is just going to extend the billing cycle resulting in prorated charges for the uneven monthly billing period which will more than likely cost you more than the late fee. If you want to avoid late fees. Pay your bill on time.

TCV1214
I plan to stick around
Obtuse reply, especially in this economy.

I am very happy, sincerely, that you have a solution that works for you. I also hope, sincerely, that you never have to walk in someone elses shoes.

Have a good day.
Topic Stats