cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Payment Due Date

TCV1214
I plan to stick around

The recent change in Rogers payment due date will have a negative impact on those on monthly programs/payments like ODSP for example, those that are desparately struggling in these times! For example, this month's payment due date is May 30th. This means one day before people on the programs would receive funds to pay their bill. They will now be charged late fees. You will make money, from a change that makes this convenient for you, off of people who are trying to pay their bills on time and keep a very expensive service already!

I am amazed how these things are not considered when changes like this are made. There should be a provision to ensure this is always the last day of the month. Please do not take advantage of your service with those who may need it the most!

And please do not suggest that individuals should try to make a payment arrangement, putting the onus on your customers. This is something that affects enough of your customers, that you should have given it consideration

***Edited Labels***

54 REPLIES 54

Re: Change in Payment Due Date

RogersZia

Good morning @TCV1214,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

The recent changes to payment due dates were made to ensure that our customers aren’t penalized for the payment posting timelines of financial institutions i.e. the time it takes for the payment to be posted into our system by the financial institutions.

Of course we understand we have customers who may be on financial assistance and monthly programs. In such scenarios we would review the accounts on a case by cases basis.

If you have any such concerns about your account please let us know and we'll be happy to help you :).

RogersZia

Lizzie2497
I'm here a lot
So technically we're losing or paying extra for those 5 days cause Roger's moved up our payment date??

TCV1214
I plan to stick around
Your reply makes no sense. You have reduced the time to pay by 6 days - from 27 to 21. I find it hard to believe that this has to do with helping your current customers. And as I mentioned, when you make a change that impacts many customers. it is unfair to put the onus on those that will be impacted by this change. Especially when prior to your change, they were making their payments on a timely basis.

To suggest it will save impacts from the financial institutions is crazy as in return, there will be late fees from you.

If you are going to impact many customers, and there is an easy solution - last day of the month due date - DO THAT INSTEAD!

I suspect this has more to do with the Fido acquisitin and merging the financials, not customer care.

Please do not insult my intelligence by suggesting you are doing this for your customers. And thank you for suggesting that I sit on the phone for an hour or two to explain my financial situation to a stranger to make an arrangement to meet your unfair change.

Please truly think of your customers in the future before making such a change or at least do not try to sell it as you are doing it for us!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I honestly believe that this change (which affects only some people) is in order to preclude issues like late payments with people attempting to pay via their financial institution on the due date, when payment needs to be initiated a few days before the due date, if the payment is to arrive by the due date since financial institutions can take 3-5 business days to transfer the funds (as stated by most financial institutions when you initiate such a payment).  

There have been numerous threads on the topic of "late payment" in this forum.  Granted, this adversely affects some people who made payments on time, however, interest rates these days are pretty low so waiting a few days is false economy if you get one late payment penalty.  The last day of the month is suggested, but not everyone gets certain payments on the last day.  For example OAS and CPP are paid on the third last business day of most months and even earlier in December.

I pay via Auto-pay using my Rogers Credit Card and my due date was not affected.  See the link below where that is stated:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Account-Support/Shrinking-Billing-Period/m-p/507092/highlight/...

Not only has my due date not changed, but I get another month to pay since my Rogers Credit Card is also auto-paid from my bank on the CC due date. In addition, I get a rebate for the charges on my Rogers Credit Card.

TCV1214
I plan to stick around
I do understand what you are saying. That said, if it is in response to financial institutions, 3-5 days (most do not take 5 days anymore), why is the change 6 days earlier? And yes, there are programs that receive payments earlier than end of month but there are those that do not.

No, I am not interested in a Rogers Credit Card! In response to this change, I should now sign up for another Roger's service?! And I am also not signing up for auto-pay. I have had issues in the past, companies are quick to take your money but not so quick to give it up when they make a mistake. I manage my payments.

My ask is that changes are made in a way that has the least impact to customers. All customers and options should be considered.

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

I'm also surprised that the billing dates only change for some subscribers, and why is the new date moved up earlier, rather than later?

@57mentioned (and posted) in another thread that he received a message within his bill, detailing the changes. However, since his billing date hasn't changed, and neither has mine (which is near the end of the month), does that mean we could both choose to pay on the due date, and the Rogers billing system will know not to charge us a late fee? Assuming that neither of us used autopay or the Rogers website (which works right away).

I also find it odd that since my due date has always been 3 days before the end of my billing cycle, that should be good enough to always avoid a late fee, unless perhaps I pay with less than 3 business days between payment and last day of my billing cycle.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TCV1214 wrote:
... I am not interested in a Rogers Credit Card...

You don't need to use a Rogers CC, any credit card provides instant payment. I only mentioned the Rogers CC because I also get an additional rebate and the CC has been highly rated for rebates, insurance and other services.

Because I use my Rogers CC for all my charges, I average roughly $1000 per year in rebates.  Nothing to sneeze at there.  Of course this depends on how much you spend and which card you qualify for.

https://rogersbank.com/en/compare_cards

jack72
I plan to stick around

For those that don't understand the "Rogers" explanation...let me simplyfy what Rogers is doing....

Rogers is pleased to offer a Price Increase but in a much more hidden way than normal.

57,,,if you don't believe me...do the math...it doesn't lie.   Everyone will face an extra payment because of this change sometime within this contract or next contract depending when you billing date and contract renewal date is.  If the billing date is in the first two weeks of the month you will be charged an exta payment in May or June.  If it is in the last two weeks of the month, it will occur later in the year.....just work it out on the calendar.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jack72 wrote:

...Everyone will face an extra payment because of this change sometime within this contract or next contract depending when you billing date and contract renewal date is.  If the billing date is in the first two weeks of the month you will be charged an exta payment in May or June.  If it is in the last two weeks of the month, it will occur later in the year...

I will not be faced with an extra payment because my payment date has not changed since I'm on Auto-Pay using a Credit Card.  Nothing changed on my recent (April) bill and my next payment due date is May 14, and it has been the 14th of the month for many years. I have checked my bills back to 2012.  My invoice date has always been the 31st of the month.

I'm also sure that the people who are affected will not be making an extra payment over the fiscal year, rather you will simply be making your payment earlier in the month than it used to be by a few days.  Granted, for some people with certain payment dates, it may cause an extra payment in (calendar) 2023, however, there will by 12 payments in 2024 onwards for those few people.

jack72
I plan to stick around

57...WRONG

Do the math.

Before May the old billing cycle

My last payment was on the May 4th.... my next payment would be on June 4th, next payment would be July 4th..etc etc.

So before my payment due date were

Jan 4th, Feb 4th Mar 4th, Apr 4th, May 4th, Jun 4th, July 4th, Aug 4th, Sept 4th, Oct 4th, Nov 4th, Dec 4th.

I count 12 payments.

With the New billing cycle implemented

My last payment was on May 4th,,,my next bill date that I must pay before interst on a late payment is May 30th.  The next payment is June 28th, and there after it is in the last week of the month.

So my billing due dates have been and will be going forward

Jan 4, Feb 4 Mar 4, Apr 4, May 4, May 30, Jun 28, Jul 28, Aug 28, Sept 28 Oct 28, Nov 28 Dec 28 

I count 13 payments....

The future due dates after May 30 was confirmed by Rogers

Rogers should recognize what they have done and offer a rebate for the extra payment...They told me the best they can offer is $15.00 rebate.   

As for being on autopay...this may affect you too later in the cycle.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was not wrong.  If you read my complete post - the last sentence specifically, I did grant that some few people who had a certain date would have 13 payments in 2023.

Something similar can happen when people get paid bi-weekly - they can end up with 27 pays in a certain year.

PS.  Because I pay with a credit card, my April 31 invoice payment doesn't come out of my bank until around June 27th.

Lizzie2497
I'm here a lot
Call them talk to a representative explain the situation that you get payed at the end of the month and you need your payment extended back to the orginal Daye or even up to 6 days after the 1st they should be able to change it for you they did for me.

TCV1214
I plan to stick around
Thank you Lizzie. I will try calling. I spoke to 3 different reps through online chat. The best I got was no late fee charge for this month ONLY. That is what made me post here. Each customer will have to go through this and it seems, each will get a different result. It is very frustrating.

TCV1214
I plan to stick around
I do my very best not to pay my bills with my credit card. Thank you.

Sarasmum66
I've been here awhile
This is all . . . . They could just accept any payment 5 days late as they know with financial institutions they take time but no. They make people have TWO payments due in March. You suck and when I can get rid of you I will.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jack72 wrote:  So before my payment due date were

Jan 4th, Feb 4th Mar 4th, Apr 4th, May 4th, Jun 4th, July 4th, Aug 4th, Sept 4th, Oct 4th, Nov 4th, Dec 4th.

...my billing due dates have been and will be going forward

Jan 4, Feb 4 Mar 4, Apr 4, May 4, May 30, Jun 28, Jul 28, Aug 28, Sept 28 Oct 28, Nov 28 Dec 28 

In January 2024 will you be crediting Rogers back because your payment will be due on January 28 2024 instead of January 4? 😉

jack72
I plan to stick around

In January 2024 will you be crediting Rogers back because your payment will be due on January 28 2024 instead of January 4? 

?????

You are paying one month in advance for service.......

So if you billing date happens to be later in the month then those people don't get hit with an extra payment.

Why is it fair for Rogers to expect people who have the billing dates ealier in the month (based on when the contract was intiated) to pay an extra months fee.

Anyway, I have already taked with a friend of mine with connections in the CRTC.  He has rasied the issue and will update me what course of action may be taken.  

Fuy
I've been around

Changing the due date on your bills from June 27 to June 22 is completing unfair . The billing date is at the beginning of the month . You don’t allow anytime in between for the customer to have two pay cheques from work as most of us get paid bi weekly . How can Rogers allow this ? Is there anyone who can assist with getting this changed back . Or Rogers is now going to have free rein to cut our services because instead of three days over due it will be 10 days over due big jump . Someone anyone can they halo assist getting it changed back.

Ednah
I've been around

I am a senior who pays rogers when I receive my pension payments funds 27th, 28th, 29th....my account payments was always due on the 30th of the month....this worked perfect for me.  The change to the payment being due 6days earlier does not work for me.  When I reached out the first time this happened they stated IT WAS A ONE TIME THING due to the merge with Shaw.  Well that was not the case...my account was flagged as payment will be made on the 29th with any late fees  not due. I received my next statement and the LATE FEE WAS THERE $4.53.  When I again reached out to rogers they suggested that I change the BILLING date from the 3rd of the month to the 8th/9th making payment 30th/1st of the month.  This month I again will only be able to pay when I receive my pension money on the 28th so again will have late payment fees???

I WILL NOT PAY ANY LATE FEES DUE TO ROGERS CHOOSING TO CHANGE under the contract I have.

DO SOMETHING as I am sure I am not alone.

jfenow
I plan to stick around

I got NO help whatsoever when I phoned in. They wouldn’t even reimburse my late fee. The call just wasted my time and frustrated me to no end. I have been a customer of theirs for some odd 20 years and that had no bearing on anything for them. Nice way to treat your loyal customers, Rogers. Time to change to another provider. 

Topic Stats