cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As Dishonest As It Gets

Aliward
I've been here awhile

This company is an absolute joke.
I signed up in April as i was offered one of their Can/Us/Mexico/Caribbean plans at $65/month. I was not told that it was any special promotion (and I even inquired whether it expired). I was told it was forever and there would be no issues. Three months later, I am sent a text message that my “discount” had been removed and my plan will now he $105. I call in to ask what exactly this discount is as I was unaware I had one. The agent over the phone told me that whoever gave me the plan for that price simply gave me a discount I did not qualify for as it is for customers with phone and wifi, I only had phone. Then, I was told the discount was replaced and there would be no further issues. Again, on this call I re-clarified that there would be no expiry. Not a month later, I receive a bill for my plan with a price of $105/month. Once again I call to understand why I have been given a price by not 1 but 2 agents and yet I am still receiving a bill of a higher price. I’m then told that their ‘back end’ caught the mistake and there is no way to give me back the price I was promised. Here is where good customer service would have come into play, multiple of your staff “made a mistake”, as a corporation you would simply honour the price. Rogers didn’t do that, nor offered a solution. I wish it had ended there. On the same phone call with the agent who told me there is no way to get the discount back, he offered that, to be eligible for the promo that was initially given to me, I would need to take their internet services. If I enrolled, they could give me a $55 internet plan for $45/month and return my phone plan to $65/month. I asked the agent if this was an ongoing deal as I would have to think about it. They said yes, I can call or use the chat to enroll. Now, a few days later, I am calling to take their offer, I’m being told that they can give me the internet for $45/month but suddenly this additional promo “does not apply to Ontario customers” so my phone plan would still stay at $105 even if I add on the internet package. Even after explaining to the agent that you can literally see I have had the discount for several months, so it obviously exists, it suddenly is no longer available to me.
I have never been involved with such a dishonest company in my entire life. This is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I feel bad for their staff, being untrained yet having to tackle these situations. Rogers should be ashamed of this dishonest behaviour.

**Labels Edited**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: As Dishonest As It Gets

RogersMoin

Hello, @Aliward.

Thank you for joining our Community and taking the time to share your experience with us.

The situation you've described is not the kind of service we aim to provide, and I understand your frustration. It seems you were offered a promotion meant for the customers with Ignite Internet and TV services. My sincere apologies for all the trouble.

The promotions typically keep changing; hence, the offered promotion may not be available at a later day. We can check the tagged offers on your account. Please send @CommunityHelps a private message. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Regards,

RogersMoin

Aliward
I've been here awhile
While I appreciate the response, I’m not interested in another agent promising me something that cannot be upheld.
At this point I’ve spoken to about 8 agents in the span of April-July of having this account, each one has something different to say, a different price/product/offer/discount or whatever that, turns out even if you confirm multiple times over the phone, is never honored or guaranteed.
Speaking with your team will have the same result, it may even raise my bill at this point.
I’m not interested in hearing another story only to get a bill the next cycle that is a total opposite reflection of what I’m told on the phone. Then to be told “we don’t have access to listen to the recordings” to prove what I have been promised.
Disreputable practice all-round.

I am sorry to hear that, @Aliward.

Unlike the phones, we have access to your full history of conversations here. A moderator can always familiarize ourselves with the history of your posts here so you never have to re-explain yourself.

If you change your mind and would like to take up our offer of support, please feel free to PM us at anytime.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation