IPG Inconsistencies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: IPG Inconsistencies

Thank you 57. I am having trouble executing the process to get the diagnostic screen info up. I have tried the suggested method with no luck. (hold exit down, arrow, etc) Is there another method to do this? I have a Nextbox 4K PVR maybe it is a differerent model...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm an avid watcher of Hearbeat on TV Ontario and have it set to record at 9:00 every Friday. Since the seasons and episodes are not always in order and never flagged as "new" because the series is long over, I have it set to record on that channel and time slot.  This evening I was looking forward to another episode when I noticed the record light was not not on after 9:00.  When this has happened before and it was not recording for some reason, I've just gone to the IPG and scheduled a showing later in the evening.  That didn't work this time because all it showed in the IPG was "TVOntario Programming".  Yet, when I tune to TVO the show is on.  But there's no way to set a recording for the next showing at 12:00 midnight. Yes, I had to go to the Zap2it guide to find that out. At least with my SA8300HD I can schedule a manual recording. Let's hope that works.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just out of curiosity, could you please try to see if you can record a series on CTV Comedy? Lights Out with David Spade, Monday – Thursday 11:35 pm. I cannot get the PVR to respond to the series record command. I get an error message of some type.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Danno wrote:

Thank you 57. I am having trouble executing the process to get the diagnostic screen info up. 

It should work on this model as well.  Try reading the instructions to someone else. When something doesn't work it's often due to muscle memory not doing the right thing at the right time.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you 57. You're right it was my fumbly fingers. Got it now. Funny thing is I think the signal is within range but the helper at Rogers said it wasn't (without elaborating why). I think the issue probably resides with the IPG and some programming glitch. Maybe it will work itself out.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

This isn't a guide inconsistency exactly, but weirdness. This morning I went to set recordings for the Japanese Grand Prix qualifying and race as I usually do 6 days ahead of time. I go to channel 498 in the IPG  (because it's one of those TSN channels) then page ahead to Saturday.  However, with each Day+ button press I get a message on the screen something like "changing date etc." for a few seconds before the next day appears.  First time I've seen that. After that and setting my recordings it doesn't happen again. Really weird. (I should specify this is with the SA8300HD).

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just a heads up if you have Formula 1 racing scheduled on a TSN channel.

Earlier this week, Monday, I scheduled recordings of the Brazil F1 qualifying and race from the Rogers IPG. Qualifying Saturday on TSN3 and the race Sunday on TSN2. At 12:30 today I went to watch Qualifying in progress from the beginning and all I saw was Sports Centre. FF to present time and still Sports Centre. Then I noticed qualifying didn't actually start until 12:55, so I may have selected Pre-Qualifying instead by mistake. I always extend these recordings by an hour anyway to be safe in case of delays. But just to be sure, I saw Pre-Q and Q on TSN5, so I set a recording for that also.

Then I checked my scheduled recording for Sunday and it was now Tennis on TSN2 and the F1 race was on TSN3, so I changed that.

Never trust Rogers/TSN. Always check your scheduled recordings at the 11th hour in case the programming gets switched.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Formula E's season is starting this weekend with two races in Saudi Arabia on FoxSR (409).  When I went into my PVR's guide, it was very tricky to figure out what was qualifying, race, previews, etc, but I believe I have it figured out for the races Friday and Saturday morning.

When I looked at Anyplace, it was totally useless. It showed 23 listings this week stating nothing but "Formula E Racing". Sometimes there would be a few letters which might give a hint of what's on (for example last year's New York races), but certainly nothing descriptive enough in the search results. If I clicked on the 'i" on one of the search results there was even less information.  How are we expected to know when to watch or record?

I find the following website can be useful for racing events, timing, etc.

http://tvracer.com/