cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast of PPV preshows stop 10 minutes early

I plan to stick around

I have noticed that the broadcast of free preshows on Sportsnet Pay Per View (channel 348) ends 8-10 minutes early; with the screen first turning entirely black and then the standard message shown: "This PPV event will start in (time)".  The broadcast then resumes as normal at the start of the paid program.

e.g. if there's an event at 8:00 p.m., with a free preshow at 7:00, the broadcast will go black at 7:50 and resume at 8:00.

I've experienced this when watching live as well as when recording and playing back an event.  When we order something, we will typically want to watch the free preshow (if one is included) and it is very frustrating when the program ends ten minutes early.

Why does this happen?

Could this be resolved such that viewers do not have such a poor viewing experience?

This has been happening for the past couple of years and each time I say, "they will surely correct this next time as part of their quality assurance process," but at some point someone has to report this to have it fixed.  I do not recall this happening in the days of Viewer's Choice Pay Per View, so perhaps it is a more recent issue.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Broadcast of PPV preshows stop 10 minutes early

RogersZia

Hi @422151819119, thank you for providing your feedback. We'll be happy to forward it to the team in charge. We'll update the Community if new information becomes available. 

RogersZia

I plan to stick around

Since my original message from a few months ago, this problem has not been solved.  I don't see any reason to take your platform seriously if, for every single Sportsnet Pay Per View event that has a free preshow, the last 10 minutes of the preshow are blacked out.  This has been happening for the past couple of years and each time I say, "they will surely correct this next time as part of their quality assurance process," but at some point someone has to report this to have it fixed.  It is disappointing to see that even though this was reported to you a few months ago, the problem continues to persist.

Hello, @422151819119

Thanks for following up with us on this matter.

We'd like to investigate this for you and collect some examples to provide to our support teams.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? Click here.

RogersTony

I plan to stick around

Since my original message from a few months ago (including , a private message to the user, CommunityHelps), this problem has not been solved.  I don't see any reason to take your platform seriously if, for every single Sportsnet Pay Per View event that has a free preshow, the last 10 minutes of the preshow are blacked out. This has been happening for the past couple of years and each time I say, "they will surely correct this next time as part of their quality assurance process," but at some point someone has to report this to have it fixed. It is disappointing to see that even though this was reported to you a few months ago, the problem continues to persist.

The most recent examples of this are last night's preshows for two separate events: the PBC event (which also experienced video and audio issues during the paid broadcast) and the AEW event.

Greetings @422151819119!

In order for us to look into this, we need to gather your account details and create a ticket. I can see that you PMed us once and then never returned to PM despite us asking you publicly to PM us once more. 

Please PM us again so that we can properly escalate this matter for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation