Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Hey Community, 

Hoping we all are staying well and staying safe! 

Please be vigilant of email scams! Check out an example below:

#RaisingAwareness

How to report such suspicious emails?

Please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Around

This arrived this morning   and I am assuming it is a scam of some sort 

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

Highlighted

Hey @murphypaul

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and kudos on your first post! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. This would be concerning to me as well. It's imperative to be aware of email scams! Just a friendly reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. If you can please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received"we can investigate this further. 👍

Thanks!

RogersJo

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

This scam is back, watch out for it !

Got this email (showing wrong account #) which appeared to come from Rogers about a bill payment.  Checked the address and it comes from Steve.Burke@rogers.com.

Clicking "View Bill" takes you to a weebly.com website where you're prompted for you Rogers account and Password.  Don't do it!  Looks like this:

View your Rogers bill  

We just want to say thanks for choosing online billing and let you know that your Rogers bill is ready. Simply sign in to your  account online or view it now on the mobile app.

Account number: 
Current Bill Total: $217.19
Thank you for pre-authorizing your payment. We’ll charge this amount to your credit card on or after Jun 14, 2020.  

Need help understanding your bill? No problem!
Find the answers you’re looking for  
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Fake Rogers bills

I've been bombarded with fake Rogers bills in the past few months.  I attempted to send them to Rogers once or twice but received a "call us instead for service" reply.  Not helpful. 

Rogers should take action and warn people about these phishing emails.  I have now reached the point where I won't open anything from Rogers.  As my bill comes electronically, this is problematic.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@penelope22 wrote:

Rogers should take action and warn people about these phishing emails.  I have now reached the point where I won't open anything from Rogers.  As my bill comes electronically, this is problematic.

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread.  It's very easy to avoid issues. Don't click on any links in the e-mails. Rather, go to your own bookmark (MyRogers for example) and login that way.  That way you know you're going to the proper site and you can also usually tell it's secure.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

Shutdown commences 20th of June 2020, Kindly Re-Upgrade your Rogers account to avoid account Shutdown

To upgrade, you'll need your Rogers ID.

CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.

The Rogers Mail Secure Team
© 1995 - 2020 Rogers Communications

Received this email??
Highlighted

Hello @suesoney,

I hope you are staying well. Suspicious emails can be a concern. I'm glad that you have brought this to our attention.

A friendly reminder and for your own safety, please do not reply to this email with your personal information or click any link in the email. 

If you suspect that the email is not sent from Rogers, please take a screenshot of the email header and send it to abuse@rogers.com and add the title "Suspicious Email Received" so that we can investigate that further.

Regards

RogersNiki

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I got an email from Rogers..actually a scam, that mentions got to this link to update your Yahoo mail or it will no longer work...be carefull don't click and go to the site...always log into the main rogers site and check any updates...too many scammers out there....Here is the email...

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 26th of June 2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please Log-in-Restore (possible malicious url removed)  To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

It came... from vsixxxxano@rogers.com..beware!!!!!  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi   I received the same and it is about the twentieth time I got it or similar in the last few months.