Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Hey @burnsie,

Thanks for being a part of our Rogers Community Forums, we appreciate the post! 👍

If you take a peek at post #12 of this thread, I've provided some instructions on how to report any suspicious emails claiming to be from 'Rogers'. 

Please also have a look HERE at this helpful article which provides tips on how to determine if an email is legitimate and the different ways to protect yourself from possible scams.

I hope this helps! 😊

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

is this real?Rogers
Your Rogers account ********@rogers.com password will expire today O3/02/2020 3:00 p.m. Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password Keep same password NOTE : This is a one time user verification carried out in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users created in purpose of spamming and other fraudulent activities. Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

I'm Here A Lot

Based on the wording of what is purported to be a message from Rogers Communications regarding your email username & password, I am confident in advising that it is someone trying to get your credentials.  Report the incident as advised.  It is a "phishing" attack.  DO NOT follow the instructions in that email.

I've Been Here Awhile

this is the 5th email I've received; each one used a different rogers.com acct.

Rogers <shirleyrahman@rogers.com>

Feb. 17 at 4:22 p.m.

For your security we disabled links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.
Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  02/17/2020 10:47:21 p.m.

Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password

Keep same password   

NOTE :   This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of  spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Note, people who work for rogers, their email will always end in @rci.rogers.com someone whos email ends in @rogers.com is a residential customer account, so please take caution when reading them from anyone but @rci.rogers.com

I've Been Around

Got this today. Assume it is a scam.

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com  password will expire  today  23/28/2020 2:47:21 p.m.

Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password

Keep same password    

NOTE  This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com  security management

***Edit: Removed malicious links***