Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Received this today. Also receiving text messages.

ROGERS_LOGO

The Classic version of Rogers Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 6th of November 2019. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Hello @angiec,

We appreciate your sharing this information with us! Anytime we can help prevent others from falling victim to a possible scam is a win-win for us all! 

If possible, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

You can report suspicious text messages by forwarding them via text message (SMS) to 7726 (SPAM).  It helps us identify new types of spam messages and improve our filters for all users.

Please remember not to click on any links included in these types of emails or text messages received and delete them right away. This will help ensure your protection and safety. 🙂

Thank you,

RogersLaura​​​​​​​

I've Been Around

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  12/19/2019 10:47:21 p.m.

Greetings @Gretel1,

Thank you for joining us here in the Rogers Community Forums and great first post! 👍

There are quite a few email scams happening lately and these scam artists are becoming more and more clever with their tricks. We caution you against opening any suspicious emails, clicking on any unknown links or sharing any personal information for your own safety and well-being.

As per my post above, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

Thank you!

RogersLaura

I've Been Around

Rogers <george.crews@frontier.com>

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  01/08/2020  11:01:08 p.m.

Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password

Keep same password    

NOTE :   This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of  spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

I've Been Around

Received an email today from pwatt0128@rogers.com, Subject New Alert Notifier

Dear Rogers User,

You need to update your Rogers Mal security and Mailbox before 24hours to avoid account shutdown.

Click here to update.

Thanks, Rogers Customer Service

Can you please confirm if this is a scam?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@A_Lee and @Kelly5272 don't do it.  I'd say that its a scam.  If you have any doubts, call customer service or tech support directly to inquire about the status of any of your accounts or services.  Don't blindly follow any links that are included in any messages or email.  

Scammers are pretty creative these days.  The golden rule should be to never respond to any messages such as this.  Call the company in question if you have any questions or concerns about your accounts or services. 

I've Been Around

(Removed Email Address from Post - Keep Personal Info Private - RogersTony)

Dear User,

Your incoming messages were placed on hold due to our recent upgrade. UPDATE your mail-box to receive new messages that are pending and upgraded to the latest version ....

Warning: failure will cause permanent Shutdown if you do not Update! 

Service Mail Support

Rogers System Administrator

Hello, @Sofia1.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate you joining the Community and posting the suspicious email you have received to raise the awareness of such scams. As outlined in post 12 by RogersLaura, you can take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received" so it can be investigated. 

Thank you so much for your contribution. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I've Been Around

I just received a "Rogers" email that requested that I revalidate my email.

Is this a scam?

scam.jpg