cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

fae45
I've been here awhile

I received the following email from "Rogers Comm"<rlall1@rogers.com> with the subject "undisclosed-recipients" and message:

Dear Valid User,

To Your Notice: We found out that your email has been suspended by our mail service! due to the unrecognized login area activities. To activate back your account click on the link below else we shall suspend your account within 24hrs.

RESOLVE ISSUE NOW (Removed the malicious link - RogersMoin)

DON'T IGNORE FOR MA!L-BOX PROTECTION.

Thank you,
Rogers Communications

<rlall1@rogers.com>

The bad English and the fact that I received this email while logged into an apparently suspended account (although it also says the account will be suspended in 24 hours) made me suspicious that this was just another scam. Can Rogers confirm that this email is not from them? 

Frank 

*Added Labels*

104 REPLIES 104

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

sidestreet
I've been here awhile

Glad my note helped. I also blocked the email address as well. 

Stay safe! 

bobkamino1
I've been here awhile
I just received the message below. Can u confirm that this is a scam.

We are closing all old versions of our Rogers Yahoo Email as from today 23rd, February 2021.

Please follow the link below to update your account:

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail.

Hello, @bobkamino1.

Thank you for being diligent and posting your query in the Community. 

The email you received is not from us. If an email looks like an official Rogers communication but is asking for confidential information, please don’t respond to it.

Rogers will never ask for your credit card number, personal information, or password by email. Never respond to emails asking you to click on an embedded link to validate or confirm your details.

If possible, please take the screenshot of the email including the header of the email and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

bgood004
I'm here a lot
I received 2 of these emails asking me to click link to set a password to complete registration. I am already a customer so I didn't click link but very realistic.

On Sat., 6 Mar. 2021 at 9:38 a.m., Rogers
<DONOTREPLY> wrote:
Make more possible.
Click ‘Set a password’ below to complete your registration.
Your username is: @rogers.com (Edited - RogersMoin)
Set a password
The link above can only be used once. It will expire in 24 hours.
Once you’re registered, you can manage all your Rogers services online and through our app.
• Track your usage and set alerts
• View and pay your bills
• Upgrade your device or change your plan
• Update your account info
Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Rogers.com
Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5
© 2018 Rogers Communications
This email is automatically generated, please do not reply. This email (and any attachment(s)) is confidential; if you are not the intended recipient please delete it immediately without keeping a copy.</DONOTREPLY>

Hello, @bgood004

Thanks so much for reaching out to us with your concerns.

It's always best to be safe and confirm if an email is legitimate before proceeding to click any links. This email does appear to be legitimate, it is sent out when a MyRogers profile is created using your email address. It is an email sent to verify your email address and set up a password to complete the activation process.

If you have not recently registered for a MyRogers profile using this email address then you can disregard that email.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

No I did not request a new profile as had same account/email for 20+ years.
I called Rogers to make sure my email wasn't being used to create a second account and it wasn't.
I have received same email again so not sure what is happening but I am just ignoring it as cant block if it is a legitimate email from Rogers

Eric37
I've been around
Is the email address rogers@e.rogers.com a scam

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Eric37!

Welcome to the community!

To our knowledge this is not a Rogers owned email domain. Let us know if you have any further questions! 

@RogersAndy

MM66
I've been around

I received the following email today from kfrance@rogers.com. Is it a scam?

NOREPLY <kfrance@rogers.com>
Wed., May 5 at 7:14 a.m.
Dear Valued Customer,   
Prior to the ROGERS agreement policy, Rogers customers' who have not updated their email account will no longer be able to log-in through their Rogers email address and they're incoming messages will be placed on pending status.

Customers need to revalidate their email address to confirm or have it suspended, click on the attachment to verify now! We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
(Removed possibly malicious link - RogersTony)

Regards,

Rogers Support Team

AHan
I've been around

it goes to an outside log in rather than rogers, I assume it is a scam...

(Removed potential malicious link - RogersMoin)

Dear User,

We are closing all old versions of our Rogers Yahoo Email as of today 17th, June 2021.

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail.

UPGRADE TO NEW VERSION (Removed potential malicious link - RogersMoin)

To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Sincerely,

The Rogers Mail Secure Team.

Sent: July 5, 2021 7:44
Subject: Rogers E-mail Upgrade Required!!!

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24 to 48hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

(Malicious links removed - RogersTony)

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,

Received today is this fake (below)? Thx

Dear User,

Due to a mandatory change in our system, we are closing all old versions of our Rogers Yahoo Mail as of today 3rd, August 2021.

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 1-2 days of receiving this automated mail.

UPGRADE TO NEWEST VERSION

Sincerely,

mark007
I've been here awhile
 got this today from a suspicious email account...
please confirm its phishing - I am deleting it.
Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

UPGRADE AND CONFIRM

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,

tarstar1
I've been around
Received this today:

Dear User

The safety of your ROGERS Yahoo Administrator account, user, is important.
You’re advised to update to the new version to avoid service interruption to your Administrator account.

Please click here to update this email.
Note: This help protects your Administrator account from spam email activities.

Thank you,

Administrator Manager

Craig4460
I've been here awhile
Rogers Yahoo

Dear Valued Customer,

We know how anticipated you are on our service to connect with the people you love, Prior to the Rogers agreement policy, Rogers customers who have not updated their email account will no longer be able to log-in through their Rogers email address and they're incoming messages will be placed on pending status. Customers need to re-validate their email address to confirm or have it suspended, click on the attachment to verify now! We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

VERIFY NOW

Do not discard, this is a courtesy reminder to upgrade to our newest version.

Sincerely,

itzy
I've been around

Just received three versions of this in a row. Deleted them all.

Dear User:  

With courtesy to you. We noticed that you have been ignoring our messages to upgrade your email. The Classic Version Of Rogers! Email Account will be replaced by our new version. so, It's time to verify now. Before you lose your email access
Kindly (possible malicious link removed) to re-login and verify, we apologize for any inconvenience caused  

Thanks for choosing us,

©2021 Rogers !  All rights reserved.

VIJ
I've been around

I have been receiving these messages and the link provided did not look right. Please confirm that it's a scam message and not from Rogers.

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, November 2, 2021, 08:58:27 a.m. EDT
Subject: Let's stay connected; your safety is important to us!

Dear User,

We are closing all old versions of our Rogers Yahoo Mail as of today 02nd, November 2021.

Please follow the link below to update your account, or you will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within the next 48 hours of receiving this automated email.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen our security against the threats targeting our Financial Institution.

Sincerely,

Rogers Communications  |  333 Bloor St. E.  |  Toronto, ON M4W 1G9
© 2018 Rogers Communications
This email is confidential; if you are not the intended recipient, please delete it immediately without keeping a copy.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
its obviously a scam, just delete it

19Sully67
I've been here awhile
You're very smart to catch all that. I can't count the number of time I warn all my friends and family about what not to open in email and text and what not to click while online!! I've never been hacked or anything even remotely similiar. I caught all that too, I also caught the fact he/she called you a VALID customer and not a VALUED customer. Good job buddy, and Yes, it's true about what the headline said that Rogers ( and pretty much any reputable business or government department ) will never as for money or anything else personal in email. They might email you and ask you to call a representative about an issue, but won't ever say what the issue is. My friend got caught up in the Microsoft scam twice, I had to completely back everything up and reformat his PC and start from scratch, they got another friend as well, plus I had a friend get caught in FAKE federal government one, they tried to get me, but I caught it after the third word, well, the acronym. In USA Internal Revenue Service is IRS in Canada we have CRA, Canada Revenue Agency, the email I got was from CRS calling themselves Canada Revenue SERVICE and not Canada Revenue AGENCY. I caught that one really fast, so just deleted without opening it ( that's the catch, NEVER OPEN, cuz it triggers it ) then I emptied the trash.

RP61
I've been around

I got a email from 

sales@s-fastest.com

That said 

"P­a­s­s­w­o­r­d­ E­x­p­i­r­a­t­i­o­n­ N­o­t­i­f­i­c­a­t­i­o­n­

Y­o­u­r­ p­a­s­s­w­o­r­d­ i­s­ s­e­t­ t­o­ e­x­p­i­r­e i­n­ two  d­a­y­(s­)­.­

W­e­ e­n­c­o­u­r­a­g­e­ ­y­o­u­ ­t­o­ ­t­a­k­e­ ­t­h­e­ ­t­i­m­e­ ­n­o­w­ ­t­o­ ­m­a­i­n­t­a­i­n­ ­y­o­u­r­ ­p­a­s­s­w­o­r­d­ ­a­c­t­i­v­i­t­y­ ­t­o­ ­a­v­o­i­d­ i­n­t­e­r­r­u­ption­".­

It has a "KEEP PASSWORD" button that clicked on without thinking. And brought me to a page asking me to put in my password, which I didn't.

I wonder if they got into my iMac after I clicked on the button.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You're probably OK if that's as far as you went.  Here's a post on spotting scams and what to do:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Scam-Phishing-Fraud-Discussions/Rogers-Email-Instructing-me-to...

You should forward the e-mail to abuse@rogers.com and probably change your password in the proper manner.