cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

fae45
I've been here awhile

I received the following email from "Rogers Comm"<rlall1@rogers.com> with the subject "undisclosed-recipients" and message:

Dear Valid User,

To Your Notice: We found out that your email has been suspended by our mail service! due to the unrecognized login area activities. To activate back your account click on the link below else we shall suspend your account within 24hrs.

RESOLVE ISSUE NOW (Removed the malicious link - RogersMoin)

DON'T IGNORE FOR MA!L-BOX PROTECTION.

Thank you,
Rogers Communications

<rlall1@rogers.com>

The bad English and the fact that I received this email while logged into an apparently suspended account (although it also says the account will be suspended in 24 hours) made me suspicious that this was just another scam. Can Rogers confirm that this email is not from them? 

Frank 

*Added Labels*

104 REPLIES 104

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

Hey @murphypaul

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and kudos on your first post! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. This would be concerning to me as well. It's imperative to be aware of email scams! Just a friendly reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. If you can please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received"we can investigate this further. 👍

Thanks!

RogersJo

Drivers
I've been here awhile

This scam is back, watch out for it !

Got this email (showing wrong account #) which appeared to come from Rogers about a bill payment.  Checked the address and it comes from Steve.Burke@rogers.com.

Clicking "View Bill" takes you to a weebly.com website where you're prompted for you Rogers account and Password.  Don't do it!  Looks like this:

View your Rogers bill  

We just want to say thanks for choosing online billing and let you know that your Rogers bill is ready. Simply sign in to your  account online or view it now on the mobile app.

Account number: 
Current Bill Total: $217.19
Thank you for pre-authorizing your payment. We’ll charge this amount to your credit card on or after Jun 14, 2020.  

Need help understanding your bill? No problem!
Find the answers you’re looking for  

Fake Rogers bills

I've been bombarded with fake Rogers bills in the past few months.  I attempted to send them to Rogers once or twice but received a "call us instead for service" reply.  Not helpful. 

Rogers should take action and warn people about these phishing emails.  I have now reached the point where I won't open anything from Rogers.  As my bill comes electronically, this is problematic.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@penelope22 wrote:

Rogers should take action and warn people about these phishing emails.  I have now reached the point where I won't open anything from Rogers.  As my bill comes electronically, this is problematic.

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread.  It's very easy to avoid issues. Don't click on any links in the e-mails. Rather, go to your own bookmark (MyRogers for example) and login that way.  That way you know you're going to the proper site and you can also usually tell it's secure.

suesoney
I've been here awhile
Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

Shutdown commences 20th of June 2020, Kindly Re-Upgrade your Rogers account to avoid account Shutdown

To upgrade, you'll need your Rogers ID.

CLICK HERE TO UPGRADE

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.

The Rogers Mail Secure Team
© 1995 - 2020 Rogers Communications

Received this email??

Hello @suesoney,

I hope you are staying well. Suspicious emails can be a concern. I'm glad that you have brought this to our attention.

A friendly reminder and for your own safety, please do not reply to this email with your personal information or click any link in the email. 

If you suspect that the email is not sent from Rogers, please take a screenshot of the email header and send it to abuse@rogers.com and add the title "Suspicious Email Received" so that we can investigate that further.

Regards

RogersNiki

danno100
I plan to stick around

I got an email from Rogers..actually a scam, that mentions got to this link to update your Yahoo mail or it will no longer work...be carefull don't click and go to the site...always log into the main rogers site and check any updates...too many scammers out there....Here is the email...

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 26th of June 2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please Log-in-Restore (possible malicious url removed)  To re-validate your mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

It came... from vsixxxxano@rogers.com..beware!!!!!  

Tourisk
I've been here awhile

Hi   I received the same and it is about the twentieth time I got it or similar in the last few months.

User14
I'm a trusted contributor

Why can't Rogers have a section to alert their clients to SCAMS?  Everyone, especially the elderly are  not Tech savvy.  We received this one today.

Sent: 2 juillet 2020 12:26
Subject: Thursday

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced by our new version on the 2nd of July  2020. So it's time to verify, before you lose your email access. 

Please To re-validate your mailbox. (Removed potentially malicious link - RogersTony)

Note: Failure to comply within 24hrs might lead to permanent deactivation.

Rogers Yahoo Mail

Copyright © 2020 Rogers! Inc. All rights reserved.

sandyxavier
I've been here awhile

is this a scam?

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

I would consider that to be a scam, unless you had taken some action on a web site that you use which would end up with an email confirmation.  You would or should know that an email would be inbound to confirm your email entry or email change.  

If you hover your mouse over the link in the message, you should see an email address displayed near the mouse or perhaps on the bottom of the monitor.  That should allow you to see the address in order to confirm its legitimacy, or not.  You can also right click .... copy on the link and then paste it into something like notepad to have a closer look at it.  Scam addresses can look very close to the real site address, so you have to be very careful when you do this.  You don't want to paste that into a web browser address bar and end up on the site, which could load malware onto your pc/laptop.  

When in doubt, close the message and delete it.  Any reputable company that you might deal with should have password recovery procedures that you can use to regain entry into your account, should that need arise.  

sandyxavier
I've been here awhile

thanks, thought it strange it only gave us 24 hours with no heads up of anykind 😞

cheers

sandyxavier
I've been here awhile

with what we pay for the Rogers service its a crying shame they do not have a SCAM alert section for sure 😞

Weissenboeck
I've been here awhile
I have received this email twice in the past two days. It was sent from the address: d2disco@rogers.com

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not confirmed within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required to Upgrade through the link below.

UPGRADE
To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Your online bill is ready.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.

Sincerely,

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
To me that looks like a scam email. In any case I would be cautious about signing in directly from an email link.

KUSC
I've been around

Rec'd the following spam today

Signal actual shows up a Nova Medical Centers

ROGERS PASSWORD

Dear ********
Your password is due to expire today Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Please Kindly use the below to continue with the same password

We�re improving email notifications. Learn more or let us know what you think.
Do not reply.

Transforming the occupational healthcare industry
through exceptional service, outcomes, and inNOVAtion

Notice Regarding Privacy and Confidentiality:

The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your computer system.

Nova Medical Centers reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all e-mail communications sent and/or received by its employees.

Thank you

Hello @KUSC

Welcome to our Rogers Community Forums and kudos on your very first post with us! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound.

Many thanks for bringing this to our attention. This would be concerning to me as well. It's imperative to be aware of email scams! Just a friendly reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. If you can, please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers, and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received" we can investigate this further. 

Regards,

RogersJo

caager
I've been around
I received this email - and although it looks pretty legit - I suspect its a phishing scam email! 

Dear User,

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .
You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below. 

*UPGRADE* 
To log in, you'll need your Rogers ID. This is usually your email address.

Protecting your information is important to us and we work continuously to strengthen the threats targeting our Financial Institution.  

Sincerely,

Jenwin
I've been around
I got this one please advise

Dear User,

Your incoming mails were placed on pending status due to the recent upgrade to our Terms, In order to receive the messages Validate Now to login and wait for response from Administrator.

Thank You.

Rogers Mail support.

The Rogers account team

Copyright © 2020

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
ignore it. never in my history of being a customer has rogers suspended someones email access

Avid-
I plan to stick around

We all may find some useful info on the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security web site, particularly   on the "Get Cyber Safe" page at:   https://www.getcybersafe.gc.ca/index-en.aspx

Stay safe, on and off-line.

🙂