cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

fae45
I've been here awhile

I received the following email from "Rogers Comm"<rlall1@rogers.com> with the subject "undisclosed-recipients" and message:

Dear Valid User,

To Your Notice: We found out that your email has been suspended by our mail service! due to the unrecognized login area activities. To activate back your account click on the link below else we shall suspend your account within 24hrs.

RESOLVE ISSUE NOW (Removed the malicious link - RogersMoin)

DON'T IGNORE FOR MA!L-BOX PROTECTION.

Thank you,
Rogers Communications

<rlall1@rogers.com>

The bad English and the fact that I received this email while logged into an apparently suspended account (although it also says the account will be suspended in 24 hours) made me suspicious that this was just another scam. Can Rogers confirm that this email is not from them? 

Frank 

*Added Labels*

104 REPLIES 104

Re: Email Scam - Suspicious Email Received

is this real?Rogers
Your Rogers account ********@rogers.com password will expire today O3/02/2020 3:00 p.m. Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password Keep same password NOTE : This is a one time user verification carried out in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users created in purpose of spamming and other fraudulent activities. Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

Avid-
I plan to stick around

Based on the wording of what is purported to be a message from Rogers Communications regarding your email username & password, I am confident in advising that it is someone trying to get your credentials.  Report the incident as advised.  It is a "phishing" attack.  DO NOT follow the instructions in that email.

cvogel
I've been here awhile

this is the 5th email I've received; each one used a different rogers.com acct.

Rogers <shirleyrahman@rogers.com>

Feb. 17 at 4:22 p.m.

For your security we disabled links in this email. If you believe it is safe to use, mark this message as not spam.
Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  02/17/2020 10:47:21 p.m.

Please kindly use the button below to continue with the same password

Keep same password   

NOTE :   This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of  spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Note, people who work for rogers, their email will always end in @rci.rogers.com someone whos email ends in @rogers.com is a residential customer account, so please take caution when reading them from anyone but @rci.rogers.com

Tourisk
I've been here awhile

Got this today. Assume it is a scam.

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com  password will expire  today  23/28/2020 2:47:21 p.m.

Keep same password    

NOTE  This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com  security management

***Edit: Removed malicious links***

Aede965
I've been around

Just received this...scam I guess.

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  02/03/2020 10:47:21 p.m.

Keep the Same Password

NOTE :   This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

***LINKS REMOVED***

Re: Scam, Phishing & Fraud Discussion Board

Here's a new one that I got today:

Dear User,

This is to inform you for the final time that from 3rd march 2020 being today we will discontinue support on your account and security.

If you choose not to update your account on or before 3rd  march 2020.

You will no longer have access to your email and many of the latest features for.

Please  Login-Restore To re-validate your mailbox. (Removed possible malicious URL & Email)    

Rogers Mail

Hi @Aede965 & @runwoodland,

Thanks for joining us in the Rogers Forums and great first posts! 👍

We appreciate your help in spreading community awareness surrounding scam emails! It's becoming more and more difficult to tell the legitimate ones from the fake ones.

The emails you received are definitely considered scam emails and were certainly NOT sent from Rogers. If you'd like to report the emails, please see post #12 of this thread. 

Take care!

RogersLaura

Avid-
I plan to stick around

For the sake of clarity and improved understanding, these emails are phishing attempts more than they are "spam".  Spam is a more general term that is typically used to describe automated mass broadcast of email messages and is analogous to "junk mail" via our postal system.

The messages being discussed in this chain are targeted and of malicious intent in that the sender is attempting to trick the receivers into providing their email login credentials, i.e. "phishing".  The subject emails are also attempts to "scam" you for your email credentials.

tiffanypd
I've been around

Just received these via email in regards to our "Rogers Account", thought I would put it out there to advise others:

Date: March 4, 2020 at 6:28:14 PM CST
Subject: Sign in and Update your Account

The Classic version of Rogers Yahoo Mail will be replaced with the latest version.

You are to  (removed possible malicious url) To re-validate Mailbox.

Note: Failure to comply within 48 hrs might lead to permanent account shutdown.

Thank you
Rogers Yahoo Mail

Date: March 3, 2020 at 1:01:12 PM CST
Subject: update
Reply-To: Admin <alandxxx@yahoo.com>

Dear User,

This is to inform you for the final time that from 3rd march 2020 being today we will discontinue support on your account and security.

If you choose not to update your account on or before 3rd  march 2020.

You will no longer have access to your email and many of the latest features for.

Please Log-in Restore To re-validate your mailbox.

Rogers Mail

Hey there @tiffanypd,

Welcome to the Community!! We really appreciate the heads-up, thanks for sharing! 👍

If you haven't already and would like to report the suspicious email, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

Just a friendly reminder to never click on any questionable links, nor should you respond with any personal details. 

Thank you!

RogersLaura

Just got an email saying that my password will expire today:

Rogers <ninahayward@rogers.com>

Mon., Apr. 20 at 10:02 a.m.

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  20/04/2020 

Keep same password (possible malicious url removed)

NOTE  This is a one time user verification carried out  in purpose to provide a more secured platform and shut down robot or malicious users 
created in purpose of spamming and other fraudulent activities.

Copyright © 2020 rogers.com security management

On my cell phone the sender is not shown and I nearly punched in my information. Somehow I don't think that I'm going to be sending my password to ninahaywad.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

its a scam. rogers official emails will never come from a customer email address @rogers.com instead they should come from the corporate email suffix of @rci.rogers.com instead. anyways safe to delete and thanks for notifying the community of this scam/ fishing attack

Gladys2
I've been here awhile

that is exactly the e-mail I received and like a dummy I fell for it and they took over my contact list and sent out messages to all re asking for $$$$ for me. Now do I close this e-mail acct , I did change my password but have called Rogers and been passed onto other depts. and left on hold . Don't know what to do next.

Robbell
I plan to stick around

Hello,

I just got an e-mail that seems suspicious.  Patty Hurst?? LOL

Renew your Password [System Notification]
Yahoo/Inbox

•  

Rogers <patricia.hurst@rogers.com>

Tue., Apr. 21 at 11:02 a.m.

Your Rogers  account ********@rogers.com password will expire  today  21/04/2020 10:47:21 p.m.

Keep same password (possible malicious url removed)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Robbell wrote:

As is the case with a lot of spam/phishing, the grammar leaves a lot to be desired...

Hello @Gladys2 & @Robbell,

Thanks for posting about your situation here in the Rogers Community Forums! 

There are so many different scams circulating via email, text messaging, and over the phones. It can be difficult to keep up! 😫 If you receive a suspicious email, please do not click on any links or respond to the sender. This is for your own safety and security.

Please note that Rogers will never ask you for personal information through an email, nor will we include any links. To report the suspicious email, please take a screenshot of the email (including the email header) and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received". They will then investigate on the backend.

If you received a suspicious e-mail and you unwittingly provided personal information or financial information, follow these steps:

• Step 1 - Contact your bank/financial institution or credit card company
  • Step 2 - Contact your credit bureau and have fraud alerts placed on your credit reports:
  • Step 3 - Contact your local police

@Gladys2, I'm glad to hear that you've changed your email password, this is also a great step to protect your information. You can also take it a step further and close that email account if you'd like. You may also want to alert your friends and family about the fraudulent email that was sent through your email account so they do not click on any links or provide any personal info. 👍

I hope this information is helpful! 

RogersLaura

Gladys2
I've been here awhile

Thank you for your suggestions, I do believe I should close that acct. Gladys

bdebrose
I've been around

I received the following"

Dear Valid Customer 

We received a request to reset your Rogers account password  Below is the Id Number From Password Rest:  34598
If You didn"t Request for The Action Kindly Cancel with the link below

Looks suspicious to me.

Gary

Hey Community, 

Hoping we all are staying well and staying safe! 

Please be vigilant of email scams! Check out an example below:

#RaisingAwareness

How to report such suspicious emails?

Please take a screenshot of the email including the email headers and send it to abuse@rogers.com titled "Suspicious Email Received".

Cheers,

RogersMoin

murphypaul
I've been here awhile

This arrived this morning   and I am assuming it is a scam of some sort 

We notice your email has not been confirmed for the new upgrade .

You will be blocked from sending and receiving emails if not  confirmed  within 24hrs of receiving this automated mail. You are required  to Upgrade through the link below.