1 year unlimited for $180

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

@lkj2 : 

Some people, like @OLDYELLR and me are on a grandfathered "Anytime" plan from years ago.  It is no longer available.  @lkj2 You'll need to go with any of the current plans.

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ba...

I'm Here A Lot

@57 that's why im confused...i thought I can grandfather the $120/yr plan...Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lkj2 : The plan may be grandfathered, but the prices are not. For example, when I started with my "Anytime" plan, the price per minute was significantly lower than it is now.

I'm Here A Lot

@Randomuser99 so sad i just discovered it since I got a text one month before the renewal.....so did you end up asking Rogers about it or get any credit back? at least they should be moderate in the rate hike or inform us when they announced it!

I'm Here A Lot

@57 lol that's what I was trying to explain to myself lol which i find ridiculous. anyhow....i guess don't really have an option now... i do enjoy the unlimited txt and weeknight/weekend calls. sighh

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57wrote:

For example, when I started with my "Anytime" plan, the price per minute was significantly lower than it is now.

Several people here  have complained to them about that  .... from what has been reported in pay go  forum ... and they have supposedly gone back to the original pricing .

@lkj2wrote:

@57 lol that's what I was trying to explain to myself lol which i find ridiculous. anyhow....i guess don't really have an option now... i do enjoy the unlimited txt and weeknight/weekend calls. sighh

I'd call them  and ask about it ... I don't understand why they will grandfather one plan and not another if all is in good standing. 

It may not get you anywhere  but it never hurts to rattle the cage a little , you never know what doors may open up. Smiley Wink 

Use the 1 800 575 9090 .... 4....4....1...    number though ... they don't seem to answer anymore , the number I posted  in message 17 in this thread  ...Smiley Sad

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@barndoorwrote:

Several people here  have complained to them about that  .... from what has been reported in pay go  forum ... and they have supposedly gone back to the original pricing .

Agreed, pricing can be negotiable, however, since I look at my overall bill and also have Cable, Internet and Home Phone (which also typically have yearly increases), I concentrate on the overall price every two years when I renew my "contract".  I don't make many cell phone calls so the difference in price is almost inconsequential.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@lkj2 wrote:

thanks for you explanation Oldyellr. I somehow thought the increase only applies to new customers and i get to keep the one im having (ie $120/yr)

Can you explain to me how yours work? its not a monthly nor annual pay as you go?

I have the original prepaid plan.  If I recall, it started out at 25 cents per minute. I would buy $25 vouchers at the Rogers store which were good for a month and air time was deducted from my balance. If all the balance was not used up in 30 days, it carried forward when I renewed. Vouchers were/are available in $5 increments, but I never used more than $25 a month. Later I learned by word of mouth that there was a $100 voucher available that was good for a whole year, so that's what I would buy because it worked out cheaper.  The charge per minute for air time and the charge for texts has increased over the years. Long distance charges are also added. There is also a $0.75 charge for 911 service every month, which I don't believe was there in the beginning.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@57wrote:

Agreed, pricing can be negotiable, ....

Sorry .... the point I was trying to make was that  a number of people originally were paying $.25 and it got bumped to   $.50  for whatever glitchy reason  ...when they called in to ask .... their original pricing was reinstated .  If Rogers is going to grandfather in that manner ...  it certainly isn't outlandish for @lkj2 to call and at least ask to stay at the same price. 

If they say no ... I'd be shopping around  at other providers unless you have to stay with Rogers ...there are other good price points out there  ... some of which even use the Rogers system .  

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats