1 year unlimited for $180

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: 1 year unlimited for $180

@barndoorwrote:

Sorry .... the point I was trying to make was that  a number of people originally were paying $.25 and it got bumped to   $.50  for whatever glitchy reason ...

Just as an FYI, when I started with PAYGo in 2009 local phone calls were $0.40/min. Changed to $0.45 around 2013 and $0.50 around 2015.  No "glitch" since I received advance notice of the changes via text.  

I try to choose my battles with Rogers and this one is not worth it for me, although it may be worthwhile for someone else who uses more, or when a charge goes from $120 to $180, although if it was an "introductory offer" that's totally different. For example, you can currently get huge savings on Internet for a limited time to get you to sign up or increase speed, but it should be no surprise when that offer is over and the price increases dramatically.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Does anyone here know if the $100  plans got grandfathered or was there a forced switch to the $120 and now the $180 ? 

I've Been Around

I believe I paid $120, so yes it's a big jump in cost from $10 to $15 monthly for a phone I keep for emergencies.  I'm guessing they don't have a senior's discount.  I pay $15/mth for my  home phone and think I'll just not renew.  

I'm a Senior Advisor

I had been considering moving our one phone (we have two) from a prepaid plan to a pay as you go, but the price savings are not significant for the 180.00 plan (I have a very basic low end prepaid plan on a loyalty plan), so I have been looking into the companies that piggyback over the Rogers or other major players networks and will seriously consider them instead - I will have to look at the options - my phone really is nothing but emergency - maybe 2-3 calls per month on average, and very few texts.

I had been looking at the 100, then it went to 120 and still considered it, but at 180.00 need to very seriously think it through.  For me, 5 dollars a month on a fixed income, my current goal is reduction in overall costs in my life - I carry a cell phone only because of my health.

Bruce

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since you don't use it much, Rogers does have $10/mo Talk/Text: 

https://www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless-products/plans?cm_sp=wireless-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_ba...

I Plan to Stick Around

If you have a balance when you top up after one year, is that balance added to your top up of $180, or does this plan get 'reset' each year and you start with only $180 each time? Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

How would you top up this plan when the max top up is $100? Thanks.

I'm a Senior Advisor

That $180 plan does not run a balance. It's $180/year. After a year you renew it for $180 (unless it's increased, it started out at $100).

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

I second that!  A big leap to $180?  

Hoping CRTC notices......

I've Been Here Awhile

you nailed it!

Topic Stats