cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network Unable to connect to rogers network

fazlee
I've been around

im getting emergency calls only, it wont connect to rogers network, getting unable to connect to selected network. i changed my sim card to new one thinking it was the problem but still the same issue. anyone else havning this problem? is this a outage? im in north york

***Edited Labels***

76 REPLIES 76

Re: Network Unable to connect to rogers network

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Fwiw, a message from Jorge Fernandes, Chief Technology Officer at Rogers:

https://about.rogers.com/news-ideas/a-message-from-jorge-fernandes-chief-technology-officer-at-roger...

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Zoomzooms
I've been here awhile

Good day I understand Rogers had a major problem today because I lost a lot of money and wondering what Rogers is planning to do to compensate me I lost over $6000 within 12 hours

The only reason why I went with this network is because you advertise it as the most reliable network well today was not reliable at all freedom mobile was reliable bell also was reliable 

Today was a very bad day for alot of people rogers needs to be held responsible for this .

I have been stressed out from 4am and I lost alot of money.........

I would like to know what type of Compensation I'll be getting from Mr. ROGERS  please as this is not fair to me that this happen .

Specialty in the time of a pandema  we lost alot of money because of your bad update...

leron
I've been around

I couldn’t agree more !!!! It made it impossible for me to do any business

Iknow2
I've been here awhile

Maybe the compensation should be nothing . People complain about everything that happens. What it’s 1 day out of what 365.

Zoomzooms
I've been here awhile

It was alot of money lost my friend that's what 1 day does

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
You will get a days loss, divide what you pay for your phone plan by 30 day and multiply by 1 day of loss of service

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If history is any indicator, you won't get much in terms of compensation for this outage.  Perhaps credit for the hours that the service was unavailable, some extra as a goodwill gesture, and maybe a loyalty discount on your next device upgrade.

For those of you whose businesses were severely impacted by this outage, there is also an important lesson to be learned here:  You need to perform a business impact analysis for the failure of any and every product and service that you use, and re-evaluate any business processes that failed as a result of this outage as well.  If your business is so totally dependent on any product or service that you cannot function without it, you need to have a backup/business continuity and recovery plan in place for when that product fails or when that service goes down.  Inevitably, at some point, it will.

How am i being compensated for yesterdays outage?

Re: No Network Unable to connect to rogers network

DanDJ1
I've been here awhile

Same issue STILL in Saskatoon!  April 20, 10:23am. Most of these posts are from yesterday April 19th.  Has your issue been resolved?

Nerds2You
I plan to stick around
Have you tried to restart your phone?

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us & yesterday we let you down - for this we are truly sorry.  A credit equivalent to yesterday’s wireless service fee will be applied your May bill.  This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

We’re undertaking an in-depth review in partnership with Ericsson. We know this was related to an Ericsson software upgrade that caused devices to be disconnected from our network. We will use the findings of that review to help prevent similar issues from happening again. Again, we our offer our sincere apologies and will work hard to earn back your trust.

Seriously, you'll credit one day of usage? I was unable to work, lost a days wages, was unable to deposit my pay and pay bills, resulting in Nsf fees and cancelled car insurance needed to work!!! This was way larger than a prorated usage cost! This is an essential service and a back up should always be available, yet we went atleast 17 hours without service!!!!

@WrightWicked1 wrote:

Seriously, you'll credit one day of usage? I was unable to work, lost a days wages, was unable to deposit my pay and pay bills, resulting in Nsf fees and cancelled car insurance needed to work!!! This was way larger than a prorated usage cost! This is an essential service and a back up should always be available, yet we went atleast 17 hours without service!!!!

Rogers generally does not make any uptime commitments for any of their services.  Their Terms & Conditions for Consumer services state,

"To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law:
i. the Rogers Parties do not guarantee or warrant the performance, availability, coverage, uninterrupted use, security, pricing or operation of the Services, the Equipment (except towards residents of Québec** in accordance with statutory warranties) or any products, content, applications, software, services, facilities, connections or networks used or provided by us or third parties (collectively, the “Offering”);"

and they have similar language for Business customers.  That means that it is on you to have a backup/contingency plan in place in the event that any services, critical to you or to your business, should go down or become unavailable.  Rogers will provide you with a refund for the the time that their service was unavailable but that's about it.

Iknow2
I've been here awhile
And all of this just happened on the same day that you had no service like that is really a likely story which most will not be true of course.