cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Coverage and Data Roaming Warning

edwardlentz2
I've been around

One of my phones is on a talk & text only plan. The phone is on the 3G network (old samsung phone). I turned off Mobile Data because it allowed for better reception when making calls & since its T&T I don't need Mobile Data on. Since I did this though I keep getting a warning about extended coverage & roaming. I'm worried that w/o knowing I'm going to end up roaming. Is this normal that the phone is doing this? Should I turn Mobile Data back on? Hope somebody can provide some guidance.

**Labels Added**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Extended Coverage and Data Roaming Warning

RogersCorey

Greetings @edwardlentz2!

EXT is considered a form of roaming in Canada but it's included with your plan. As long as you're within Canada, you shouldn't get any additional charges from this.

You should only receive roaming charges if you're roaming outside of Canada with roaming turned on.

If you're interested in learning more about EXT, you can learn more here at this link: Extended Network Coverage Eligibility, Usage & More - Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Extended Coverage and Data Roaming Warning

JRoberts17
I've been around

So my husband is working at a mine in Gogoma.  The coverage there is part Rogers/part Telus based on where you are on site.  He works 2  weeks at the mine, 1 week back in the GTA area.  We got the warning for extended coverage and called and was advised that it should be no problem.  My husband has just been cut off.  So surely he cannot be the only person who travels for work and is in two areas consistently.  

Are you telling me that the Networks can't come up with a plan for network sharing?

If he changes over to Telus would he not have the same issues with the tower bouncing off Rogers?  This seems so ridiculous to me and is incredibly frustrating considering we have 5 lines with them for over 20 years.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation