MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

Technically yes, this is a possibility that I considered, and one of the first things that I thought too. They wouldn't be accessing it from my phone since it's always on me, locked, and it happens when I have the phone. I've searched their devices to see if they downloaded the app (I have a 14-year-old who is savvy so it was my first thought), and I didn't see it. That doesn't mean anything though since kids are sneaky.

Is there a way to change the username and password on the app so that it isn't the same as the wifi password? I don't want to go in and change the wifi password because it is tied to too many things and having to go in a change the settings for everything would be a pain. Also, the teen would figure it out, so it would defeat the purpose. 

If I could have an app username and password that is totally different than that, that would be a solution to try. I can't see anywhere in the settings to do that though. It just gives me the option to change the wifi password. 

Highlighted

Hello @MEESEEKS ,

We appreciate the response! 

@MEESEEKS wrote:
Hi!
No it’s definitely not my kids going and unpausing it. I’ve had it happen right while they’re sitting next to me. I’ve also called and had the password changed 3 times because the password is infact the wifi password which to me is silly because like you said a kid can figure it out and defeats the purpose. 

You mentioned above that you did reach out to have your password changed three times...this should have made the gateway/admin password and the WiFi password different from one another. 

That’s a suggestion that should be forwarded to the developers for an update! Make a separate password. But still this app has a mind of its own. 

To change the password used by the app, you need to change the administrator password of the Gateway. To do so:

1. Connect to the Gateway Wi-Fi
  2. Go to the web page of the gateway IP (normally http://192.168.0.1 )
  3. Enter the administrator credential of the Hitron Gateway
    1. Username: cusadmin
    2. Password: the ADMIN password (same as the APP password)
  4. Go in the Admin tab
  5. Under the Management subtab, you will be able to update their admin password
    1. Enter the old password
    2. Enter the new password twice
    3. Click save

By default, the gateway/admin password and WiFi password are the same initially to help simplify things as customers tend to forget their passwords. However, as explained above, you can change the gateway/admin password to something different if you wish.

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

Highlighted

Hey @tomgardneruz!

Thanks for checking into that for us! 👍

As mentioned in my post above, there is a way to change the admin password for your gateway (which is also what the app uses). Please have a look at the instructions provided and let us know if that helps! 😊

Have a great day!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Has this issue been resolved yet? I have the same problems, called into rogers several times. They send me a new modem and still not controlling the devices properly.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

nope, I’ve even gotten a new modem and it’s still doing it. I was told it’s because the connection from the internet is going off and on and resetting itself. I do believe this to be true,as it’s happened less with the new modem. I just have to keep checking it and fix it if necessary.

Highlighted

Hello fellow-Community members!

Regarding this strange issue--if you've already taken steps to rule out any funny business from other family members or your kids (as per posts #9 and #12 of this thread) and the issue still persists, please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can investigate further!

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you kindly,
RogersLaura

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im having this same issue. Done all that is suggested on this forum. Any updates on how to solve this yet?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Only thing that worked for me was getting a new modem, since I got a new one it hasn’t happened once. (Went through 2 new ones) second one I’ve had no issues...first one was confirmed faulty.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for letting me know that! I will request a new modem tomorrow😊

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im still having issues with my app not really pausing ( or my daughter being able to get around it somehow). I have tried everything that has been suggested on this thread. I even chatted online with a Rogers agent (who was quite rude and told me that my daughter was using data on her phone even though its blocked by the carrier). If this doesn’t get resolved soon i will need to switch from Rogers to another ISP. Please let me know my options. Thank you