Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Ignate TV App Android doesn't work when connected on my home WiFi. I have Orbi mesh network. Orbi is connected to Rogers modem where WiFi is disabled. Rogers boxes are connected to my WiFi and they work without issues. App on my phone is saying that I am not connected to internet. Everything else on the phone works. Does the ignite tv app need any specific protocol, port... Thanks.

*Added Labels*

Re: Ignite TV App - Not Connected to the Internet error

Hello @svlacic,

Welcome to the Rogers Community forums and thanks for your first post!

Getting a connection error when you are indeed connected does sound a bit funny. Your mesh network must be set up properly if your Set-Top boxes are up and running.

The Community will need a bit more information to see what we can find out.

1. Are you getting the error message before or after you login to the app?
  2. Did you already attempt to clear cache & data/uninstall/reinstall the app? 
  3. Have you tried the Ignite TV website on your PC or a second device to see if it works?
  4. Lastly, what phone do you have and what OS version are you running?

We look forward to getting this fixed. 🙂

RogersTim

I Plan to Stick Around

I have Samsung S9+ with latest version of Android. I tried connecting to Ignite TV on my laptop while connected to my home network and it is working. Tried reinstalling the app no help. If I tried to login while on my home WiFi I get message not connected to internet. All other apps are working fine and they are connected to the internet. If I switch to my cellular network I can log in and access Ignite TV programming. Going back to my WiFi back to the message not able to connect.

I Plan to Stick Around

I saw that today android app was updated. I tried again and no luck. Same problem. Funny thing is if I first connect to Nordvpn on my phone I can access content using Ignite TV app.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Almost sounds, like when connecting through the Orbi... that the Orbi is some how miss interpreting the location?

Wonder what your results would be by checking say some sites which check your location, if its saying its somewhere weird. 

I Plan to Stick Around

All other apps don't have that kind of problem. Slaven

Hello, @svlacic.

It's strange that your S9+ device can't run the Ignite TV app when connected to Orbi WiFi system. Besides S9+ have you tried the app on a different device? Is the issue isolated to just S9+?

If there is an option on the Orbi system, can you try disabling IPv6 and try the app? 

You can also check with Obri/Netgear support for firmware updates, known issues etc. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

The same problem is with LG G6 cell phone. I will try disabling IPv6.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ipv6 was disabled. Firmware up to date.

Hello, @svlacic.

Thank you for checking the firmware and for disabling IPv6. Do you get the error not connected to the Internet as soon as the app launches?

Not sure if this can help; however, can you try clearing app cache and data by going to Settings/Apps/Ignite TV/Storage/Clear cache and Clear data on your S9+?

Keep us posted. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin