cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

tomgardneruz
I've been here awhile

Hi there,

The app has worked well up until this past week. Now it randomly unpauses the devices that I have paused throughout the night (ie the kid's devices), which totally defeats the purpose. Is there a known issue pertaining to this? or an update coming, or even just a troubleshoot because it's getting frustrating.  Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

43 REPLIES 43

Re: MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

Pufuletz
I've been here awhile

I did the modem swap and still have the same issue. I get nothing but excuses from Rogers and I have an open ticket with them for a month but no results.
They are great at increasing rates without notice but incapable of managing a simple app that a teenager could create much better.
I’m at the point of choosing a different ISP since they are useless.

We are having the same problem. I set up a schedule for my teen and he is still accessing the Internet despite it being paused and when it shuts down during the scheduled “bedtime”

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Ndeck@Pufuletz and @Rashleigh1!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your MyWiFi app. With the appropriate settings the app should be working without issue. I'd recommend doing a controlled device test by setting a time frame for a device you own and checking to validate if the device loses access to the internet when specified.

If the device can still use the internet during the no-access period we can look into that for you. Just reach out to support or us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our PM system you can check our our blog.

@RogersAndy

garciafam
I've been here awhile
@Ndeck @Pufuletz @Rashleigh1
I think I just figured it out! I’ve had this issue, my son up all night on his “paused” wifi. He does get paused, but then he opens the wifi folder, clicks “forget this network” then signs in again to our home wifi and it will work, it will still say “paused” on the app. I’ve just tried it on my own phone and was shocked. Because he isn’t a new device, I don’t receive a notification. He just “forgets network” and resigns on and there! Back on the wifi. HUGE FLAW FOR ROGERS!!!! This is a major flaw with the app, anyone can simply bypass the “paused” feature deeming the feature 100% useless!!! Hope this helps all you parents having the same struggle.

garciafam
I've been here awhile
Actually this is an Apple thing, tried it with my husbands Android and his device stayed paused, however on our Apple phones they can forget network and resign in on the wifi and access it while still paused.

I too am experiencing the same issue. I am new and thought isn’t this great! Until it didn’t work. My son is also on an apple device, and while out is good to know why it doesn’t work, I am curious to see how long this takes to correct.

Hello, @garciafam & @frustratedmom52.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

I appreciate both of you joining this thread and sharing your app experience. Thank you for flagging this anomaly, we would like to replicate this on our end. 

Please provide us with the following:

• Modem model and the firmware version
  • App version

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

garciafam
I've been here awhile
Please tell me where to find this info

Hello, @garciafam

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe! 

The modem model listed on the product sticker at the back or the bottom of the modem, and you need to log in to the modem to find the firmware version. 

And for the app version, you can tap on the More tab at the bottom to see the version. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

This is the case with my son's iPhone too. He has been able to circumvent the pause.

byrongaum
I plan to stick around
Interesting!

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

Good call! I need to confiscate my son's iPhone at night because he can bypass the pause.

Hello, @byrongaum.

Thank you for joining this conversation; I'm curious to find out the modem model and the app version. The modem model listed on the product sticker at the back or the bottom of the modem, and you need to log in to the modem to find the firmware version. And for the app version, you can tap on the More tab at the bottom to see the version. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

YouTube on an iPhone and Ignite WiFi

Is there a fix in the works to disable YouTube on an iPhone after the Internet has been disabled?

Hello @byrongaum,

Thank you for your post. We would like to take a closer look at the situation with you. Would you be able to confirm the modem model and the app version? 

Awaiting your reply 

RogersRob

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

EasyConnect09661, Version 3.11.0.

Thank you @byrongaum

Can you try to pause the user profile instead of the device and test again? 

Here's how to pause a user profile: 

Open the Ignite WiFi app or the ignitewifi.rogers.com website and sign in using your MyRogers username and password.
Select People.
Select the user profile you would like to pause.
Select Pause All Devices.  To unpause a user profile, follow steps 1 to 3 above, then select Unpause All Devices.

Awaiting your reply,
RogersRob. 

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

Do the Downtime schedules pause the "user" or the "devices" or both?

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

Pause seems to work, but the scheduled downtime doesn't.

Hey @byrongaum,

Thanks for giving the steps a try and for providing an update! I'm glad to hear that the 'pause' functionality works well! 👌

Just to clarify, once you've set up a downtime schedule (bedtime schedule) for a specific device or devices, it should automatically kick in, disconnecting ALL of the selected devices under that specific profile from your home internet during the designated times, and it won’t automatically switch to cellular data.

If you are finding that the downtime schedules  you've set-up are not working, please double-check that you have the right times indicated (including the AM/PM option). If everything looks good and it's still not functioning properly, please try deleting the downtime schedules and try setting them up again from scratch. Please let us know how it goes! 😊

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

byrongaum
I plan to stick around

It still doesn't work for iPhones. All other devices on the profile shutdown, however, you can still access YouTube on iPhones.

Topic Stats
  • 43 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 14 in conversation