MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: MyWiFi App - Pause Feature Not Working

Same here, I have deleted and re-installed the app several times as per Rogers technician suggestions. Changed modems a few times.
And after setting the bedtime routines it seems to work for a day or two and then it’s all screwed up.
It seems that Rogers is resetting the blocked times or the system just ignores them. I was told by Rogers too that the kids may use cellular data, but all their gadgets are not connected to cellular, we are strictly on wifi. It is annoying especially in this times when I want to control their online time and I can’t because Rogers is good at increasing rates without warning but incapable of managing a simple app. I bet a teenager could put a better app together.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I did the modem swap and still have the same issue. I get nothing but excuses from Rogers and I have an open ticket with them for a month but no results.
They are great at increasing rates without notice but incapable of managing a simple app that a teenager could create much better.
I’m at the point of choosing a different ISP since they are useless.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We are having the same problem. I set up a schedule for my teen and he is still accessing the Internet despite it being paused and when it shuts down during the scheduled “bedtime”

Highlighted

Hey @Ndeck@Pufuletz and @Rashleigh1!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your MyWiFi app. With the appropriate settings the app should be working without issue. I'd recommend doing a controlled device test by setting a time frame for a device you own and checking to validate if the device loses access to the internet when specified.

If the device can still use the internet during the no-access period we can look into that for you. Just reach out to support or us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our PM system you can check our our blog.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Ndeck @Pufuletz @Rashleigh1
I think I just figured it out! I’ve had this issue, my son up all night on his “paused” wifi. He does get paused, but then he opens the wifi folder, clicks “forget this network” then signs in again to our home wifi and it will work, it will still say “paused” on the app. I’ve just tried it on my own phone and was shocked. Because he isn’t a new device, I don’t receive a notification. He just “forgets network” and resigns on and there! Back on the wifi. HUGE FLAW FOR ROGERS!!!! This is a major flaw with the app, anyone can simply bypass the “paused” feature deeming the feature 100% useless!!! Hope this helps all you parents having the same struggle.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually this is an Apple thing, tried it with my husbands Android and his device stayed paused, however on our Apple phones they can forget network and resign in on the wifi and access it while still paused.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I too am experiencing the same issue. I am new and thought isn’t this great! Until it didn’t work. My son is also on an apple device, and while out is good to know why it doesn’t work, I am curious to see how long this takes to correct.
Highlighted

Hello, @garciafam & @frustratedmom52.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

I appreciate both of you joining this thread and sharing your app experience. Thank you for flagging this anomaly, we would like to replicate this on our end. 

Please provide us with the following:

• Modem model and the firmware version
  • App version

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Please tell me where to find this info
Highlighted

Hello, @garciafam

I hope you and your loved ones are doing well and staying safe! 

The modem model listed on the product sticker at the back or the bottom of the modem, and you need to log in to the modem to find the firmware version. 

And for the app version, you can tap on the More tab at the bottom to see the version. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin