cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyRogers Change phone number not working

NHEAL
I've been around

the selection in the myrogers area for changing phone numbers is not working.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MyRogers Change phone number not working

Hi @TheForum,

Changing the subscriber number is definitely convenient and cost effective online. Here are the steps on how to change the number through MyRogers:

1. Sign in to your MyRogers.
  2. Click the wireless number in your account that you want to update.   
  3. Under your wireless number, click Change My Number. A live chat window will appear with your name and contact information. 

Are these the same steps you're trying as well? Did the live chat window pop up for you?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RogersZia

Hi @NHEAL

Welcome to the Community!

Just to clarify, when you say the selection isn't working, do you mean you're getting an error message or the field is not populating for you at all?

Thank you,

RogersZia

TheForum
I've been here awhile

I'm not able to find the Change Phone Number option under my account, can anyone help me?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@TheForum :

- Sign Into MyRogers

- Click "Profile & Settings" near the top right of the screen

- Scroll down to "Contact Info", click "Edit"

- Change your Contact Number and Save Changes.

TheForum
I've been here awhile

Thanks for the reply. Let me more clear.

I want to change my wireless number (i mean my mobile number), I believe like Fido, Rogers also allow the customer to change and opt any other mobile number from the available list. This way I can opt and change my existing mobile number from the list of choices.

Thanks.

Hi @TheForum,

Changing the subscriber number is definitely convenient and cost effective online. Here are the steps on how to change the number through MyRogers:

1. Sign in to your MyRogers.
  2. Click the wireless number in your account that you want to update.   
  3. Under your wireless number, click Change My Number. A live chat window will appear with your name and contact information. 

Are these the same steps you're trying as well? Did the live chat window pop up for you?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

TheForum
I've been here awhile

Hi @RogersZia

1. Signed into MyRogers.

2. Selected the wireless number for update.

3. There is no 'Change My Number' option. Please refer the below screenshot.

Can you verify the same with your MyRogers.

Screen MyRogers

Hello @TheForum,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot. I did check MyRogers on my end and the field is missing there too. I'll forward the information to the appropriate team.

In the mean time if you still wish to change your number, I would recommend you to reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'd be happy to assist you.

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

RogersZia

My numbers a hot spot for spam and robocalls , I wanna pay to change my wireless number

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, most telemarketers/scammers now use auto-dialers, which dial every available phone number. Changing your number is no guarantee that you'll not be hit by telemarketing calls on the new number.  Of course if your number has been "targeted" or is "known" as a good one by telemarketers and gets called very often (many times a day consistently), then perhaps you'll see a temporary reduction with a change of phone number.  I also find that telemarketing calls can come in waves - quite a few for a few weeks and then they take a hiatus.  

Blockers are not much use these days either since telemarketers change their spoofed numbers as well.  Good Luck.

hn20rj10th03r0j
I've been here awhile

This is an ongoing issue. I just tried to change my number when I was signed in and it kept sending me to the popup chat. Customer service has no idea what to do either and kept asking me for proof of this being free if I made the change myself. No resolution at the moment provided.

Good day @hn20rj10th03r0j,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post.

If you’d like to change your Rogers wireless phone number to a brand new number from the same local calling area, a $50 charge applies. Changing your wireless number is free when you self-serve in MyRogers. I'm sorry to hear you did not have that option.

Your account balance must be in good standing for you to change your wireless number. Do you know if your bills are up to date?

If you are still needing to change your cellphone number, we'd like the opportunity to take a deeper look into this.

Please send a message to @CommunityHelps so we can discuss privately and gain access to your account. To know more about our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

bianka34
I'm here a lot

I tried changing my phone number online and it kept giving an error saying i should try again or try later. I do not want to contact customer service  because i don't want to pay the $50. How do i resolve this?

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 in conversation