cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

ricky123
I've been here awhile

Does anybody know why a device that is connected to your network would not show up on the list of connected devices? On the wifi hub app I've checked under "Connected Device" as well as "Not Connected Device" list and the device in question does not show up. I also checked the "Network Device List" Gateway, + Pods and it's not listed under those either.. Strange!  I also tried restarting the device as well as disconnecting and reconnecting on the network..

is there a hidden list that I can check?

*** Edited Labels ***

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

RogersMoin

Hello, @ricky123.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for your post, a connected device not appearing in the list of connected devices is unusual. 

By any chance, have you recently renamed that device? Have you checked the connected list on the web version, ignitewifi.rogers.com?

I appreciate rebooting the device and reconnecting it to the network. Have you tried rebooting the modem yet?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

ricky123
I've been here awhile

I was able to identify the device finally. It was showing up as a mobile phone device although it's not. 🤔  Thanks for your help. 

Hi, I have a device that appears offline when Im connected. Not sure how to fix this.

Hey @bmacgregor!

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm for us if the device itself is experiencing any connectivity issues? Or is the issue just that it doesn't show as online in the WiFi Hub app?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Fookaroo
I plan to stick around

I am having a very odd problem, was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have a 16 port switch connected to port one on the back of the XB6 gateway, and a wireless access point on port 2 ( I don't use the built in wifi). The currently connected devices doesn't show hardly any of the devices currently online and working. It will randomly change from showing one or 2 devices, to 18, and then back to a 2 again, but all devices are currently online and using the internet. If i check the modem even right now, its showing one of the 3 tv boxes we have, and one cell phone, none of the PC's, game consoles anything else showing up. 

Any ideas about this?

Thank you for your post @Fookaroo, a connected device not appearing in the list of connected devices is definitely odd. 

As RogersMoin mentioned above, have you renamed the devices recently? Are you able to view the list of connected devices via the browser at ignitewifi.rogers.com?

Have you tried to reboot any of the devices and reconnecting them to see if they appear on the list?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further!

RogersZia

pgonta
I've been around

I have the same problem. I deleted (iPad) it from the list, it’s connected but does not show up in wifi list in the Ignite Wifi App. Tried rebooting, tried to forget this device, rebooting iPad. I phoned tech support and they can’t help. The only solution to this problem is to factory reset modem. 

Picchu
I've been around

Recently, I haven't been able to see any of the devices connected to our wifi. This is where I update settings for the kids' Internet on their devices.

I've tried to refresh the app but still, it's blank under My Devices.

Any tips on how to get this back up and running?

Hello @Picchu ,

Welcome to the Community!

It's definitely a handy feature, we'd like to make sure it's back and running for you. Have there been any changes to the service recently? Are you able to view the list of connected devices via the browser at ignitewifi.rogers.com?

Can you try and reboot any of the devices and reconnect them to see if they appear on the list?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia

Hello, I have several devices connected to my Rogers Ignite Wifi and would like to forward a port through the app. However, the app is showing no connected devices. This is strange because logging in to the router is showing 5 or 6 connected devices. How can I fix this?

Hello, @cthunder.

Thank you for posting your concern, and welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 

Do you have an additional router in your network? If you have another router plugged in, then the app may not list the devices connected. If the devices are connected to that router/AP, then you may find your devices listed on that router. 

Let us know more about your network setup. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Ignite wifi hub App wont show any connected devices in the orview, or in the device tab. Hoping to get this solved ASAP this feature is what brought me to this service and without it I dont see any reason to stay

Good day, @98l98l!

Thanks for joining the Rogers family and welcome to the community forums! We hope you like it here! 😊

We definitely want the Ignite WiFi Hub app to work for you as it should. We'd like to learn more about your current internet set-up! By any chance, have you had an opportunity to check out @RogersMoin's post above? Please have a read and let us know if that scenario applies to you. 

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Ignite hub saying no devices are connected; 10+ devices are connected though. I have ignite wifi hub, with 3 pods. Wanted to pause the internet on a few devices and the app is saying there are no connected devices. There's are (clearly I'm using my phone and it's on airplane mode as I type with wifi enabled only)

I tried clearing the cache and then un-installed and reinstalled it and still no change

Hey @Mathew0Backlund!

Welcome to the community!

Have you had an opportunity to check out the post above? Please have a read and let us know if this particular circumstance applies to your home network. Once we have a better idea of your overall set up we can assist!

@RogersAndy

Hello; don't have any extra routers or hubs in my network other than the Rogers provided pods. The devices tab used to show which pod it was connected to (which helped finding lost devices haha).

Hello, @Mathew0Backlund

Thanks so much for that additional information. Do you have any custom settings on the modem outside of the WiFi network name and password?

A factory reset of the modem should help remedy this issue. You will need to set up the modem and the pods again but you can do so using the app quite easily. You can find the steps on how to factory reset the modem listed here.

Please let us know if the issue is persistent after the reset.

RogersTony

Hey I just installed my Rogers ignite hub and no matter how many devices I connect I am unable to see any on the app. It says there are no devices on the home network. All are connected to WiFi and working though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Shaun

Hello, @Mcfar_16

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I can understand how important it is to have control over your Wi-Fi network and see all of the devices connected. It is very strange that the app is showing no device connected. Are you using a separate router for Wi-Fi or are you connecting to the Wi-Fi being broadcast by the Ignite TV modem?

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Hey,

So the problem has stopped in of itself. We lost internet last week for over 6 hours and since then it's been fine and listing devices again (and which pod they are connected to) so Maybe a big update came that day?

Anyone else following down my rabbit hole, try the reset mentioned it should work. I didn't have to do it though but worth a shot.
Topic Stats