cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot link my internet account to my rogers

itzdrmac
I've been here awhile

Hello i have an existing rogers account that ends with (redacted). I activated my rogers ignite home internet yesterday and i am trying to link the internet account to my rogers but it wont allow me to link. It says the accoint is already registered to this email address ( same email address as my existing acount).In the customer support told me that after i activate the modem it will automatically get linked but it didnt, they gave this account number ending with (redacted) to me since i eas not sent any email about my account info after i purchased the internet online. Please help me to link the account because without linking i cannot order my wifi pod .FYI when i call rogers the system tells me based on my phone number that i have an account with (redacted) ending and an account with internet that ends with (redacted). very confusing plz help me

7 REPLIES 7

Re: cannot link my internet account to my rogers

RogersMoin

Hello, @itzdrmac.

Congratulations on migrating to Ignite Internet, and welcome to our Community. 

I'm assuming you've already received the Ignite WiFi gateway modem and installed it. After activating the modem, it may take some time for the system to automatically link your new Ignite Internet account number to your MyRogers profile. 

I see you have already reached out to us in PMs, we'll continue to help you until it's resolved. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
RogersMoin

itzdrmac
I've been here awhile
Still no solution.....i have pmed, called and spoke to live chat agent too. My ignite wifi hub is active and working perfectly but there is no trace of my internet account on my rogers....

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since you Migrated from a legacy internet and/or TV product to the Ignite product, it might just take time for your account to be migrated over in the back end.  Usually companies have scripts and batch functions to do these things regularily and there is almost often NO way to expedite this process no matter how many times you call in.

I get that it is frustrating but you have to remember they did not create this technology they are licensing it from the US so they are at the mercy of how the back end code was written by their developers. 

itzdrmac
I've been here awhile
i have not migrated from any rogers services. im a new rogers user

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Then what does this mean: "Hello i have an existing rogers account that ends with (redacted)."

itzdrmac
I've been here awhile
means i am already a member because i made an account and then purchased the internet service online.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
You probably have to wait a few days. It seems everyone has this issue after reading this forums
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation