Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky123
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

Does anybody know why a device that is connected to your network would not show up on the list of connected devices? On the wifi hub app I've checked under "Connected Device" as well as "Not Connected Device" list and the device in question does not show up. I also checked the "Network Device List" Gateway, + Pods and it's not listed under those either.. Strange!  I also tried restarting the device as well as disconnecting and reconnecting on the network..

is there a hidden list that I can check?

*** Edited Labels ***

RogersMoin

Re: Ignite Wifi Hub Device Not Listed Although Connected

Hello, @ricky123.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😀

Thank you for your post, a connected device not appearing in the list of connected devices is unusual. 

By any chance, have you recently renamed that device? Have you checked the connected list on the web version, ignitewifi.rogers.com?

I appreciate rebooting the device and reconnecting it to the network. Have you tried rebooting the modem yet?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

ricky123
I've Been Here Awhile

I was able to identify the device finally. It was showing up as a mobile phone device although it's not. 🤔  Thanks for your help. 

bmacgregor
I've Been Around

Hi, I have a device that appears offline when Im connected. Not sure how to fix this.

RogersAndy

Hey @bmacgregor!

Welcome to the community!

Can you confirm for us if the device itself is experiencing any connectivity issues? Or is the issue just that it doesn't show as online in the WiFi Hub app?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy

Fookaroo
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having a very odd problem, was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have a 16 port switch connected to port one on the back of the XB6 gateway, and a wireless access point on port 2 ( I don't use the built in wifi). The currently connected devices doesn't show hardly any of the devices currently online and working. It will randomly change from showing one or 2 devices, to 18, and then back to a 2 again, but all devices are currently online and using the internet. If i check the modem even right now, its showing one of the 3 tv boxes we have, and one cell phone, none of the PC's, game consoles anything else showing up. 

Any ideas about this?

RogersZia

Thank you for your post @Fookaroo, a connected device not appearing in the list of connected devices is definitely odd. 

As RogersMoin mentioned above, have you renamed the devices recently? Are you able to view the list of connected devices via the browser at ignitewifi.rogers.com?

Have you tried to reboot any of the devices and reconnecting them to see if they appear on the list?

Just need a little bit more info to assist you further!

RogersZia

pgonta
I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I deleted (iPad) it from the list, it’s connected but does not show up in wifi list in the Ignite Wifi App. Tried rebooting, tried to forget this device, rebooting iPad. I phoned tech support and they can’t help. The only solution to this problem is to factory reset modem. 

Picchu
I've Been Around

Recently, I haven't been able to see any of the devices connected to our wifi. This is where I update settings for the kids' Internet on their devices.

I've tried to refresh the app but still, it's blank under My Devices.

Any tips on how to get this back up and running?

RogersZia

Hello @Picchu ,

Welcome to the Community!

It's definitely a handy feature, we'd like to make sure it's back and running for you. Have there been any changes to the service recently? Are you able to view the list of connected devices via the browser at ignitewifi.rogers.com?

Can you try and reboot any of the devices and reconnect them to see if they appear on the list?

Please keep us posted.

RogersZia