connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVC
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Thanks.. Have someone coming today to swap the modem as I have been without any services since last night. Hopefully it's just a case of a bad modem...
PVC
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Rogers rep replaced the modem.  The good news is that the speeds  are better.

Exact same issue on trying to port forward and view connected devices.  I have to say this has to possibly be the worse implementation of router software I've ever seen in my life.  Connected devices that don't show up as connected, despite, clearly, being connected is ridiculous.

What's just as ridiculous is trying to setup port forwarding rules, and because a device isn't listed as connected, you can't.

DaveC
I Plan to Stick Around

Similar issue here. I do not know what it takes to get the ignitewifi site to recognize that a device is connected, but it is definitely odd. I'm on my second router, but it's no different than the first in this respect. Devices that I know are active on my home network appear and disappear at random from the connected device list with no rhyme or reason, including the machine I am currently typing on. It's frustrating, as I had no issues at all configuring port forwarding on my previous Hitron setup using a static IP on my home network for the machine that required it. It was simple and reliable. I do not see any point in performing yet anothe factory reset or replacing the modem yet again. 

The current methodology is more trouble than it's worth, I'm afraid. If the modem can see the devices, that is where the confguration should occur. Or at least give us the option to choose to use it instead. Having the convenience of accessing the configuration via an app or the ignitewifi site is pointless if it cannot be used as intended. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Run a factory reset for the modem and after the reset, connect directly to the modem via ethernet or wifi.  Don't use the app or the online access.  Access the modem thru ethernet or wifi, which is the traditional method of configuring the modem.  Yup, it defeats the use of the app or online access, but, hopefully you will have full control over all of the modem's functions.  Not ideal, but, hopefully for what you're trying to accomplish, it should result in a successful outcome. 

Ricardo-4
I've Been Around

Hello,

After reading the posting I must say that I am experiencing the same issue as others. I have connected a brand new Pi-Star hotspot that was just purchased two days ago and it shows connected to my internet but does not show up in the list of connected devices under the ignite modem. I have not tried anything else cause I dont want to mess up anything already on my system.

sanand
I've Been Here Awhile

Same issue. Can't see connected devices on https://ignitewifi.rogers.com

sanand
I've Been Here Awhile

I did two things:

1. Renamed the Wifi Network name and

2. Restarted the Gateway modem.

This resolved the issue.