connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Hello,

I am using Ignite Internet with Technicolor CGM4140COM modem. The modem's settings (http://10.0.0.1)

shows that 2 computers are connected by ethernet. I want to set port forwarding for these computers. The Port Forwarding page of the modem's settings says "Visit ignitewifi.rogers.com to set up port forwards". When I login at ignitewifi.rogers.com and open the Port Forwarding page and select Add Port Forward, it says "Select the device for this port forward", but it does not show any of the devices for me to select (even though the devices are indeed connected according to the Connected Devices page in the modem settings). The Connect page of ignitewifi.rogers.com does not display the connected devices. How can I get the ignitewifi.rogers.com to recognize/detect the connected devices so that I can set the port forwarding please?

Thanks

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Hello and welcome to our Community @dteo1!

Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser or tried clearing cookies/cache?

Let's try to eliminate any potential browser issues by trying a different browser or clearing cache if you haven't yet.

Please let us know if either of these steps works.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

What are they listed as there in the device listing.. do they have a name, etc?

Might be worth trying to re-name them to see if they show up properly.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thank you for the advice. I cleared the cache in Chrome, but it didn't help. I tried Firefox and Edge and the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub app (Android version) and got the same problem.  The connected devices were not listed. What else can I try please?
Thanks

Highlighted

Thank you for trying that @dteo1! At least we know it isn't a browser-specific issue.

Is there anyone else in the Community experiencing this same issue? Please let us know.

If we need to escalate this matter for further investigation, it will help us if we have more than one example.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers tech support told me to do factory reset on the modem. But it did not help, and the devices are still not in the Connected Devices in Ignite WiFi Hub (https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/). The situation is even worse now because the factory reset deleted all my pre-existing port forwarding settings and I cannot set them again because the devices are not displayed in the Connected Devices list.

I restarted the computers several times and unplugged and replugged the power of the modem several times, but it didn't help.

I connected 2 new computers to the modem, and they were displayed in the Connected Devices in https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/. So it seems that any new devices that connected recently are detected by https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/, and all the old devices that first connected to the modem more than a month ago are not detected by https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/.

Is there any way to revert back to the old version of the modem software with the port forwarding setting in http://10.0.0.1 instead of in https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/?

Thank you

Highlighted

Hey @dteo1!

Thank you so much for the additional information. Apologies however as there's no way to revert back to a previous firmware with a singular XB6 modem. 

Have you had a ticket escalated for this particular issue through support? 

If anyone else has experienced this issue please let us know here as we can document and escalate the concern if there's multiple parties impacted.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a few devices that are on the wifi but are not showing up as being connected. Why? I reloaded the app a few times, turned off devices, unconnected them from network and reconnected them... nothing works.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, the modem Rogers has chosen to use has to be the worse device ,or implementation of, around.

I have the same issue.  It took me almost an hour to get the webpage to acknowledge that my Raspberry Pi was a "connected device", so that I could actually port forward to it.  Typically online it shows maybe 3 or 4 devices as "connected", despite several being connected and in use.  Heck, the device I was using to login (which was hardwired connection) wouldn't show up as connected. It's a joke.  Plus, why can't one set up a portforward using the MAC address and reserved IP?

Don't get me started on the internet speeds either.  I went from having a really, really great wifi and hardwired speeds when I was on the older digital Hitron modem in combination with my EAP225v2 access points, to getting maybe 30MBPS down despite being beside the access points, and 80 to 100MBPS down when hardwired.  I'm paying for "Gigabit Ignite" btw.  Not Gigabit 150 or lower!

When I call Rogers, they tell me to reboot the modem, connect directly to it, and voila, I get 800 or so Mbps down, for about 20 minutes to an hour before it goes to heck again. 

Highlighted

@Gemmav, welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Have you tried to rename the devices to see if it resolves the issue as suggested by Gdkitty above? Is it the same when you check via the browser?

@PVC, I saw you posted in another thread that you were finally able to view the Raspberry Pi as a connected device. As far as the speed issues are concerned, we may need to run additional tests to find the cause. Please reach out to us over PM for further assistance!

RogersZia