cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

dteo1
I've been here awhile

Hello,

I am using Ignite Internet with Technicolor CGM4140COM modem. The modem's settings (http://10.0.0.1)

shows that 2 computers are connected by ethernet. I want to set port forwarding for these computers. The Port Forwarding page of the modem's settings says "Visit ignitewifi.rogers.com to set up port forwards". When I login at ignitewifi.rogers.com and open the Port Forwarding page and select Add Port Forward, it says "Select the device for this port forward", but it does not show any of the devices for me to select (even though the devices are indeed connected according to the Connected Devices page in the modem settings). The Connect page of ignitewifi.rogers.com does not display the connected devices. How can I get the ignitewifi.rogers.com to recognize/detect the connected devices so that I can set the port forwarding please?

Thanks

***Added Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

RogersCorey

Hello and welcome to our Community @dteo1!

Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser or tried clearing cookies/cache?

Let's try to eliminate any potential browser issues by trying a different browser or clearing cache if you haven't yet.

Please let us know if either of these steps works.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: connected devices are shown in the modem's settings but not in ignitewifi.rogers.com

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What are they listed as there in the device listing.. do they have a name, etc?

Might be worth trying to re-name them to see if they show up properly.

dt6
I've been around

Thank you for the advice. I cleared the cache in Chrome, but it didn't help. I tried Firefox and Edge and the Rogers Ignite WiFi Hub app (Android version) and got the same problem.  The connected devices were not listed. What else can I try please?
Thanks

Thank you for trying that @dteo1! At least we know it isn't a browser-specific issue.

Is there anyone else in the Community experiencing this same issue? Please let us know.

If we need to escalate this matter for further investigation, it will help us if we have more than one example.

Regards,

RogersCorey

dteo1
I've been here awhile

Rogers tech support told me to do factory reset on the modem. But it did not help, and the devices are still not in the Connected Devices in Ignite WiFi Hub (https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/). The situation is even worse now because the factory reset deleted all my pre-existing port forwarding settings and I cannot set them again because the devices are not displayed in the Connected Devices list.

I restarted the computers several times and unplugged and replugged the power of the modem several times, but it didn't help.

I connected 2 new computers to the modem, and they were displayed in the Connected Devices in https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/. So it seems that any new devices that connected recently are detected by https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/, and all the old devices that first connected to the modem more than a month ago are not detected by https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/.

Is there any way to revert back to the old version of the modem software with the port forwarding setting in http://10.0.0.1 instead of in https://www.rogers.com/ignitewifi/?

Thank you

RogersAndy
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @dteo1!

Thank you so much for the additional information. Apologies however as there's no way to revert back to a previous firmware with a singular XB6 modem. 

Have you had a ticket escalated for this particular issue through support? 

If anyone else has experienced this issue please let us know here as we can document and escalate the concern if there's multiple parties impacted.

@RogersAndy

I have a few devices that are on the wifi but are not showing up as being connected. Why? I reloaded the app a few times, turned off devices, unconnected them from network and reconnected them... nothing works.

PVC
I plan to stick around

Honestly, the modem Rogers has chosen to use has to be the worse device ,or implementation of, around.

I have the same issue.  It took me almost an hour to get the webpage to acknowledge that my Raspberry Pi was a "connected device", so that I could actually port forward to it.  Typically online it shows maybe 3 or 4 devices as "connected", despite several being connected and in use.  Heck, the device I was using to login (which was hardwired connection) wouldn't show up as connected. It's a joke.  Plus, why can't one set up a portforward using the MAC address and reserved IP?

Don't get me started on the internet speeds either.  I went from having a really, really great wifi and hardwired speeds when I was on the older digital Hitron modem in combination with my EAP225v2 access points, to getting maybe 30MBPS down despite being beside the access points, and 80 to 100MBPS down when hardwired.  I'm paying for "Gigabit Ignite" btw.  Not Gigabit 150 or lower!

When I call Rogers, they tell me to reboot the modem, connect directly to it, and voila, I get 800 or so Mbps down, for about 20 minutes to an hour before it goes to heck again. 

@Gemmav, welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Have you tried to rename the devices to see if it resolves the issue as suggested by Gdkitty above? Is it the same when you check via the browser?

@PVC, I saw you posted in another thread that you were finally able to view the Raspberry Pi as a connected device. As far as the speed issues are concerned, we may need to run additional tests to find the cause. Please reach out to us over PM for further assistance!

RogersZia

PVC
I plan to stick around
Thanks.. Have someone coming today to swap the modem as I have been without any services since last night. Hopefully it's just a case of a bad modem...

PVC
I plan to stick around

Rogers rep replaced the modem.  The good news is that the speeds  are better.

Exact same issue on trying to port forward and view connected devices.  I have to say this has to possibly be the worse implementation of router software I've ever seen in my life.  Connected devices that don't show up as connected, despite, clearly, being connected is ridiculous.

What's just as ridiculous is trying to setup port forwarding rules, and because a device isn't listed as connected, you can't.

DaveC
I plan to stick around

Similar issue here. I do not know what it takes to get the ignitewifi site to recognize that a device is connected, but it is definitely odd. I'm on my second router, but it's no different than the first in this respect. Devices that I know are active on my home network appear and disappear at random from the connected device list with no rhyme or reason, including the machine I am currently typing on. It's frustrating, as I had no issues at all configuring port forwarding on my previous Hitron setup using a static IP on my home network for the machine that required it. It was simple and reliable. I do not see any point in performing yet anothe factory reset or replacing the modem yet again. 

The current methodology is more trouble than it's worth, I'm afraid. If the modem can see the devices, that is where the confguration should occur. Or at least give us the option to choose to use it instead. Having the convenience of accessing the configuration via an app or the ignitewifi site is pointless if it cannot be used as intended. 

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Run a factory reset for the modem and after the reset, connect directly to the modem via ethernet or wifi.  Don't use the app or the online access.  Access the modem thru ethernet or wifi, which is the traditional method of configuring the modem.  Yup, it defeats the use of the app or online access, but, hopefully you will have full control over all of the modem's functions.  Not ideal, but, hopefully for what you're trying to accomplish, it should result in a successful outcome. 

Hello,

After reading the posting I must say that I am experiencing the same issue as others. I have connected a brand new Pi-Star hotspot that was just purchased two days ago and it shows connected to my internet but does not show up in the list of connected devices under the ignite modem. I have not tried anything else cause I dont want to mess up anything already on my system.

sanand
I've been here awhile

Same issue. Can't see connected devices on https://ignitewifi.rogers.com

sanand
I've been here awhile

I did two things:

1. Renamed the Wifi Network name and

2. Restarted the Gateway modem.

This resolved the issue.

johnrm
I plan to stick around

I have a hardwired computer that shows up as a connectd device on the Ignite Modem gateway config page but is not shown as connected or available as a device in the list for port forwarding through the Rogers Ignite webpage. I'm using a VPN on that computer, but it should still show it as connectd and let me port forward to it. Very frustrated with this, and I see I'm not alone. Why not allow us to use an IP or MAC as a port forward choice?

maha776
I've been around

what do you mean by restarting the gateway modem? just unplugging and replugging into the wall?

Hello, @maha776.

We appreciate you joining this conversation, and welcome to our Community. 😃

Are you able to see the connected devices in the Ignite WiFi web portal since you have posted here? You can restart your Gateway modem from the Ignite WiFi web portal or Ignite WiFi Hub app or by unplugging the modem. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

ardeshir_alavi
I've been around

Why has the ability to forward ports using IP addresses been taken away?

The modem will not be able to detect all kinds of hardware connected, also Virtual Machines will not be connected physically to the modem so they will not get detected as Connected Devices. How are we supposed to forward ports to virtual machines now?

Topic Stats