cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired connections not working XB6 Modem

Schumi1978
I'm here a lot

This morning none of my hardwired connections to my XB6 modem are working.  All devices connected by Wifi work fine.  I have tried resetting the modem and tried connecting two different computers as well as one of the Ignite TV boxes by ethernet cable to confirm it wasn't the device that was originally connected - the second computer I tried and the Ignite box do not connect.

Before I call Rogers, is there anything else I should try to do to fix it if it's a connection issue?  I didn't make any configuration changes.  Just woke up to start work and noticed the connection doesn't work.

Thank you!

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Wired connections not working XB6 Modem

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Schumi1978  How are you connecting devices via Ethernet, directly to the XB6 or through a switch?

Asking because I recently had a LAN switch that became temperamental.  It looked like I had a good link on all ports but, for whatever reason, the uplink was only working intermittently and the devices connected to it had broken network connectivity.

Directly to the XB6

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Schumi1978  I suspect a hardware failure.

If you look at the LEDs on the XB6's LAN ports, do they light up or flash when a device is connected?

If you log into the gateway and go to "Gateway > Hardware > LAN", is the port link status Active or Inactive, and what is shown next to the Connection Speed?

@-G- I connected the Ignite box to the port to see what the light sequence would be and it flashes a steady green light on/off.  However, to my surprise, the Ignite box connected.  So I unplugged and plugged in my laptop and sure enough, it connected by ethernet too. 

I'm not sure if it was a hardware hiccup or what the issue was yesterday but it seems to have fixed itself.  I did not do anything since yesterday morning.  If it happens again, I guess I'll contact Rogers and ask for a replacement modem.

Thank you!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 in conversation