cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi extender for hitron coda-4582

earl1
I've Been Around

Hi, I am using gigabit service with hitron coda-4582.

I would like to extend my WiFi signal for my house's basement

Any recommendation for  WIfi extender (brand or model) to math with the modem?

Thanks

***EDITED LABELS***

39 REPLIES 39

Re: Wifi extender for hitron coda-4582

The switch SHOULDNT be an issue.. that I am aware of.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor
I ran an extender via the ports on the hitron cat 5e up two floors. Was fine. I have used switch too and that was fine. Could be switch but more likely cable. Possibly connectors or tester. If you have a device with ethenet unplug the extender plug in the device and see if you get a connection. Can't remember how but test the signal strengths on the wired connection. Maybe at the extender too.

Good luck.

roblund
I've Been Here Awhile

I gave up. Two days of difficulty and frustration. 

Bought a D-Link DAP-1325 wi-fi range extender for $29 (CAD). 1 minute setup. Works like a charm.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I was going to suggest that, but let you troubleshoot first.  I used one of the D-Link extenders, connected via a cat- 5e cable that went in there a decade ago, going to where my router used to sit.  It worked great.  I recently finally moved my gateway out of the basement where the wiring was, by dragging the cable over and fishing it up to my living room, which is dead centre to the whole house, and no walls in between, so I actually don't need the extender anymore.

Rogers talks about WIFI all over the home - if they actually had rewired their connections of 10 years ago plus and put them in the most optimum positions, we would have far less problems.

This is why you pay 150.00 for a Bell install, they are putting new wiring in and optimizing for location and use all over the house, then have integrated capability for one of the top Mesh systems out there.

Glad it worked out for you.

Bruce

gizman
I've Been Here Awhile

roblund  Can you tell me how you set-up the extender to connect to the modem? I have a D-Link DAP-1530 extender and the instructions say to press the WPS button on the modem and the D-Link so they connect. Cannot find a WPS button on CODA-4582.

Thanks