Correct modem for Ignite Gigabit service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mau108
I've Been Here Awhile

Correct modem for Ignite Gigabit service

Hey guys,

I signed up for gigabit ignite service however was given a Coda-4582u modem.  Is this the correct modem?  My Netgear Orbi supports link aggregation however I believe the Coda-4582U does not support it.  Should I request a modem swap for the latest ? I believe this is xb7.

*** Edited Labels ***

stepy2015
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Correct modem for Ignite Gigabit service

I don't think the XB7 supports link aggregation but I can say for sure it is a better modem and it's all around higher quality than the Hitron's, with the hitron modem's I often encountered WebGUI crashes when in bridge mode and far more packet loss both in and out of bridge mode. I would highly recommend the XB7 if possible 

Don_Ca
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Do you just have internet or TV too? If just internet they may be giving out 4582's. For TV you have to have a XB6 or XB7.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mau108 wrote:

Hey guys,

I signed up for gigabit ignite service however was given a Coda-4582u modem.  Is this the correct modem?  My Netgear Orbi supports link aggregation however I believe the Coda-4582U does not support it.  Should I request a modem swap for the latest ? I believe this is xb7.

Did you sign up for a Residential or Business Internet service?  Residential Ignite Internet customers should get either an XB6 or XB7 gateway, subject to availability, unless you are in an area that cannot get Ignite-branded services.  Business Internet customers will get a Hitron CODA gateway.

As far as I know, none of Rogers' modems/gateways support link aggregation.

mau108
I've Been Here Awhile

It is a business plan but in a residential location (house).  I guess thats why I was given the Coda.  Going to try to get it swapped for XB7 even if I won't be able to do link aggregation.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mau108 wrote:

It is a business plan but in a residential location (house).  I guess thats why I was given the Coda.  Going to try to get it swapped for XB7 even if I won't be able to do link aggregation.

I know that other Business Internet customers have tried and have not been able to get an Ignite gateway.  Rogers' systems simply won't allow it.

If you are looking for a second opinion, folks like @Datalink  will say stick with the Hitron CODA, especially if you plan to enable Bridge Mode and use your own router/Wi-Fi mesh system.