cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Pods

dgrh52
I've been here awhile

I have 1.5 Gig package with Rogers, XB7 router and have been using 3 of those pods that are supposed to extend coverage. I was having connection issues (teams meetings where I dropped out/frozen) so started to investigate - the Ignite App was actually pretty good to see connection strengths and more importantly - what each device was connecting to - in terms of router or Pod....very interesting, I know that Pods are for coverage and have  limited download speed, I don't really have an issue with this....EXCEPT, what I found was that my laptop PC located about 4 feet from my router was actually connecting to one of the pods...and thus my problem - so to IMPROVE my WIFI I actually deleted all Pods - which Rogers was charging me for of course....yes, you heard that correctly - to improve performance I deleted the PODS....not sure if you can designate a connection (I could not find a way and of course you cannot actually speak with tech). 

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Wifi Pods

RogersMoin

Hello, @dgrh52.

Thank you for joining our Community and for your detailed post.

It's unfavourable to experience connection issues, especially when meetings are interrupted. I appreciate you utilizing the Ignite HomeConnect app to troubleshoot your home network.

Most often, with XB7, a maximum of two WiFi pods is enough to achieve the best coverage. It's essential to place the WiFi Pods strategically.

If you are finding your devices remain connected while the pods are removed, we can submit an order to remove them from your package.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

dgrh52
I've been here awhile

Hey RogersMoin - so that would be great - except when I called the tech folks at Rogers (to return the Pods) they told me that the Pods I had were really old (?) and that I should not be using them on my network - so I should not return them, but actually should "recycle" them - and buy/rent and upgraded version of the Pod - leading me to two issues - 1 - if they are so old, why didn't rogers tell me that they were the problem and suggest a upgrade or replacement (but kept charging me!) or 2 - why did they suggest three Pods at the time I purchased? 

I am not sure why telcoms treat customers this way - not just Rogers, its Telus and Bell as well - if you just treated customers properly, you could corner the market - cuz your competition is about the same.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dgrh52 wrote:

...my laptop PC located about 4 feet from my router was actually connecting to one of the pods...

I read in another forum, that if you have Windows, if you go into the network settings - known networks, sort the list by preferred order?  I run a Mac, so I don't have a way to test this. Also, I believe with Pods this may not be possible since band steering must be "on", but perhaps by doing the setting in the computer, it may "stick"?

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation