Wi-Fi 6 - AX

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wi-Fi 6 - AX

Anyone know if there's any update on whether Roger modem/routers will be updated to include WiFi 6 (ax)

***Added Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Wi-Fi 6 - AX

Hey @Ehonk!

Welcome to the community!

Like a lot of others, we're incredibly excited about the possibilities of WiFi 6 :). At this time we don't have any available information on any unreleased products or services. But definitely keep an eye out on Rogers.com and here in the community for any updates on new products and services as they become available!

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

If not wifi 6 ready can the ignite router be bridged to a wifi 6 router and if so are the 2 IP phone ports still functional?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes. I have Arris XB6 modem/router in bridge mode and also have rogers ignite phone and it is still active.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MyAxman wrote:

If not wifi 6 ready can the ignite router be bridged to a wifi 6 router and if so are the 2 IP phone ports still functional?

I can also confirm that the XB6's telephone hardware/software is still functional in bridge mode.

FYI, Comcast recently started rolling out the new XB7 gateway in some of its markets, and the certification documents indicate that the updated hardware supports 802.11ax / Wi-Fi 6.  Rogers has not commented on when they might offer the XB7 here as well.