cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

Bilottag
I've been here awhile

Trying to set up my Rogers e-mail account on Outloook Mobile on Android.

Went to Member Centre, chose Account Information then Authorized Applications.
Clicked Add Another, Named it and clicked Generate.  Keep getting error: Rogers App Error.jpg

*** Edited Labels ***

123 REPLIES 123

Re: Unable to create app password for Rogers Email

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bilottag If you check out this forum for the numerous posts in the past week regarding e-mail problems, it looks like Rogers/Yahoo has an issue with their e-mail system generating passwords, either for e-mail clients (app PW), or regular Webmail PW for some customers.  If you PM the mods on this forum, they may be able to assist:

When logged into the forum, click on @CommunityHelps .  On the page that comes up, you'll see a link on the top right of the screen to "send a message".  If you're using a tablet or phone, you may need to switch your browser to the desktop version. How to do that will depend on the device but a web search should find it.  There may be some back and forth required while Rogers get your personal information to look into your account.  Personal information is not allowed in this forum.  

P.S. If Webmail currently works for you, you may simply wish to wait a few days for the problem to be fixed.

jxt258
I've been around

any ETA on when we be able to use again?  I rely on my email for work and home; and it has been down now for a few days

Greetings @jxt258

As a consumer myself, I completely understand how imperative it is to ensure you stay connected. If possible, please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersJo

robertschumache
I've been around

Spoke to Rogers Support yesterday on an unrelated matter but asked if they knew or were aware of any ETA on resolving the app password issue.  Whilst the support rep acknowledged this is an ongoing issue for a subset of their customers, there was no ETA on a resolution.

eugenios
I plan to stick around

its been a week now how embarrassing.

Alignsoft
I've been here awhile

We can't login with Outlook, and account information isn't correct - and the application password generator is broken, so we can't generate app passwords. Webmail isn't a solution for mobile devices, and barely a solution for desktop devices - this is a pretty major problem all around, and it seems to have been down for weeks now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alignsoft wrote:

...Webmail isn't a solution for mobile devices...

Although it's kludgy, it is possible to run a browser (probably in desktop mode) on a phone or tablet.

qsgrampy
I plan to stick around

I had to get a new computer and I am trying to get Outlook to work with rogers. In the account information I had to set up a password for my old computer but it will not let me set up one for my new one. I deleted the old outlook password from the new computer but now when I try to set up a new one for my new computer it just comes up with error at Rogers end. Can anyone please help?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@qsgrampy : It looks like your post was moved to this existing thread on the topic.  This has been discussed extensively on this forum for about 2 weeks and as you can see from earlier posts in this thread and other threads, it's a known issue and Rogers is working on a fix with no ETA on when it will be fixed.

In the meantime, you'll have to rely on Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo e-mail on the web via a browser).

PerryCS-2023
I've been here awhile

I am in IT - I have piles of customers waiting on this to be fixed.  Like C'Mon... it's been weeks.  I have another customer that waited TWO MONTHS for you to fix their account problem (it would pop up giving an error saying it couldn't load secret questions).

I have numerous pending customers waiting for their email to be fixed.  I NEED to generate APP passwords for APPS.  

Also, stop using Yahoo servers.  They are always getting hacked.  How many filters have I had to remove because Rogers accounts get compromised?   Customers should have 0 of 500 filters used unless they manually added in filters.

I still go to peoples' homes and check their rogers accounts.  Oh look, a filter redirecting email to a scammer.  STOP using Yahoo servers.   They are horrible.

Also, please fix the email issue.  This should never take this long.

It has now happened on about 7 accounts in the past 2 weeks.  One of them I had to call rogers and get your techs to create the APP password and then they told me what the password was.  This bypasses the security of no-one else knowing my APP passwords.

Please fix this long standing problem.  So far it's ALL the customers having this same "There was a problem on our end" when creating APP passwords.

Maybe check your input filter.. .previously I thought you couldn't have spaces in the description and it seems now you can.  So, maybe your programming is messed up in how it handles the description field.  I even created single word APP passwords called test and it still failed.

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor

Thank you for your great comments! So far, it looks like no one at Rogers or their "partner", "overseer" or whatever gives a rat's whatever about a few million Canadian customers! And the government gave permission for Rogers to take over a competitor!!

jn00
I plan to stick around

Issue is still occurring.

gb1234
I plan to stick around

The same thing is happening to me. I just purchased a new laptop and was trying to set up Outlook email. The Rogers App Password link is not working so I cannot finish setting up my laptop. I googled this issue and  I know that this is an issue on Rogers end...for over two weeks now!! They never even notified their customers! This shows the total lack of respect Rogers has for their customers. There is a silver lining...do not have your email address from your ISP. This effectively handcuffs you to their service. I just set up two new email addresses for me and my wife via a very popular free online option and I got it confiqured to work with my Outlook email. Hint: my new emails end with .outlook.com. It will take me several more weeks to transition from my rogers email to my new email but in my mind...for their total lack of respect regarding this very very serious email issue..then they don't deserve my business anymore. They better watch their pricing for the rest of their services. If I can find it for one cent less then I'm gone.

eugenios
I plan to stick around

Well its coming up to three weeks now and no fix for this..... i have clients waiting and i am advising them to move off using a Rogers email.... Rogers has not made a statement or even acknowledged the problem.

I stopped using a rogers email many years ago but now im having to relive the pain along side my clients.

chdiamo1
I'm a reliable contributor
Based on what Rogers has told me, the problem is with Yahoo servers. If that is so, what recourse do customers in a foreign country (Canada) have with a non U.S. company (Rogers) and its customers in that foreign country-we Canadians? Perhaps if we were in the U.S. dealing with Comcast or Bellsouth this problem would’ve been solved almost immediately!! Like pandemic vaccines, we are at the mercy of companies in a foreign (to us) country. I think this problem will not be solved until Yahoo gets around to solving it or Rogers comes up with its own solution-if they ever do!!

eugenios
I plan to stick around

Typical Corporate pass the buck

gordies
I've been around

Rogers. Please get this Fixer and/or an ETA ASAP.  It would also be nice if you put a notification up when trying to Generate a password that this is feature is down with an estimated ETA

gb1234
I plan to stick around

Your solution isn't really a solution for me. The mods cannot get the App password generator working for me no matter how much "back and forth" I do. I also tried the "simply wait a few days" solution but it has been over 3 weeks now. I wish your solutions did work for me though but sadly they don't. Whats more alarming is Rogers lack of Customer Service outreach regarding this outage. Actually I find it a bit shocking to tell you the truth.

sosue55
I've been around

Not able to access my Rogers email on my Rogers bought phone. It makes me want to cancel my wireless plan with Rogers. I rely on my email to stay in touch with bills to pay, friends, etc. I was told I need Rogers Internet in order to get my mail but I pay an appreciable amount for monthly as well as $12 a day for the 2 months that I was away in Florida to get my email. I am not a happy camper as it was working fine before. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sosue55 wrote: ... I was told I need Rogers Internet in order to get my mail 

Your post was probably moved to this existing thread. It is possible to use a browser on your phone (or tablet or computer) to pick up your email via Webmail (Rogers/Yahoo e-mail on the Internet using a browser)  This would use some data, if done via the cellular network, or you could use the Internet when connected to WiFi, which is readily available in many places in the US for free.

https://rogersmembercentre.com/rmcapp/remc.html#/signin?flow=YAHOO&userId=

If you don't have a working password, you can PM the mods on this forum and they should be able to assist.

Topic Stats