Unable to access Chinese website

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_7611
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Unable to access Chinese website

Yes, it successfully loaded.

RogersCorey

Okay! Excellent.

Thank you for doing that for me @david_7611! Now I have a better idea of what's happening here.

If you're able to surf by IP but not URL, that would point to a DNS issue. Either there's a problem with the DNS server or your DNS settings.

Please go about turning back any/all DNS related settings to their defaults and then try again to surf by URL. If you're using Rogers default DNS server and this issue persists, then we can move to the next steps.

Regards,

RogersCorey

hkh888
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, I'm now also getting issues access some China sites and everything was working before.

followed this message thread and did some test as mentioned.  did a ping as well as tracert and below is what I've got.

can anyone please help.

Pinging m.9kd.com [120.78.222.163] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

m.9kd.com

Tracing route to m.9kd.com [120.78.222.163]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms CODA4582 [192.168.0.1]
2 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms 99.229.18.1
3 14 ms 16 ms 11 ms 24.156.149.117
4 12 ms 10 ms 14 ms 0-5-0-5-cgw01.wlfdle.rmgt.net.rogers.com [209.148.233.201]
5 30 ms 37 ms 36 ms 209.148.233.102
6 40 ms 33 ms 32 ms if-be-45.ecore1.aeq-ashburn.as6453.net [216.6.87.228]
7 33 ms 31 ms 32 ms if-ae-55-2.tcore3.aeq-ashburn.as6453.net [216.6.87.14]
8 36 ms 30 ms 38 ms 216.6.87.29
9 105 ms 110 ms 103 ms 202.97.60.61
10 256 ms 253 ms 262 ms 202.97.51.133
11 251 ms * 254 ms 202.97.94.89
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

RogersLaura

Hey @hkh888!

A warm welcome to our community forums and great first post! 😁

Thanks for taking the time to review this thread and for posting your test results! Based on the info provided, it doesn't appear to be at Rogers end. We'd like to ask you some questions to help get down to the bottom of this for you!

- What are some of the websites you are having trouble accessing?
- what device(s) are having issues with connecting? Or are all of your devices having the issue?
- When last were you able to access these sites?
- Do you recall making any recent changes to your modem's security settings?

We look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

hkh888
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you for your reply.

- What are some of the websites you are having trouble accessing? club.kdnet.net or jingpinbz.com 
- what device(s) are having issues with connecting? Or are all of your devices having the issue? all devices connected to the network are having issues.  I can access these sites on my phone using Mobile data.
- When last were you able to access these sites? I was able to access these sites about 3 weeks ago.
- Do you recall making any recent changes to your modem's security settings? I have not made any changes to my modem.

thank you for your help.

hkh888
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Laura, any help on my issue with access China sites? thank you for your help
RogersLaura

Good day, @hkh888!

My sincere apologies for this tardy reply--I'm not sure how we missed your previous response! 

Thanks so much for providing us with those details, it is very helpful. By any chance, have you tried connecting to the affected websites using a different WiFi connection other than your own? Or by using an IP? If so, were you successful? 

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: 

If you haven't already done so, I would suggest clearing your browsing history/cache first and then try opening a new web browser to see if this makes any difference. You can try this on a few different web browsers or by going 'incognito' for comparison. 

If no luck, then please consider a factory reset of your modem. Once complete, disable bridge mode (if applicable) and try connecting directly to your modem via Ethernet to see if you can now access the affected websites. If no Ethernet connection is available, please try via WiFi as well. 

Thank you and we look forward to your update on the matter! 🙂

RogersLaura

hkh888
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Laura, thank you for your help.
I've followed your instructions factory reset my modem and connected directly to the modem using ethernet, but still no luck. still cannot access the China websites.

any other suggestions or help.. this is very frustrating as I have many things that I rely on these China website access.

thank you again

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although I could not read what was there, I was able to get to both websites you mentioned in post 35.  (club.kdnet.net or jingpinbz.com ), although the first was via a redirect.  I could not read them, however, I could read them once translated by Google Translate, Chinese simplified.

Here's a list of tips to try:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

Just to prove I got through, here's a sample screenshot:

Chinese WebsiteChinese Website

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hkh888 wrote:
any other suggestions or help.. this is very frustrating as I have many things that I rely on these China website access.

If you have Ignite Internet, ensure that you have Protected Browsing disabled.