cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services are still NOT restored! Who are they lying to?!

tremblayphil
I've been around

Two days in! Still nothing (internet, Fido, etc.) while puppet medias report most services have been restored. Flat out lie!!

*** Edited Labels ***

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Services are still NOT restored! Who are they lying to?!

Abhi91
I've been around
Same here no internet

Grakky
I've been here awhile
I have a LOT of connections to verify on Rigers WiFi, TV streaming Prime Video is verrrrry slow, Ecobee TSTAT doesn't connect, a couple other apps do not connect but if I turn off WiFi on my phone and connect via Bell Mobility boom, everything is instant.
Soooo, that's weird, maybe some businesses are not up on Rogers yet??

phalkon
I plan to stick around
I’m in Oshawa and nothing is fixed. We have just enough connectivity to be tempted to change. How long until I can cancel out arrangement Rogers?

Goalie3233
I'm here a lot
Tv is still off on no signal but the phone and internet is fine

Goalie3233
I'm here a lot
Ignite tv is on off on freezing losing sound it’s not fixed

JodiLynn83
I've been around
My internet and tv are still down. They have never been restored

43 hours and still no internet.

And yet you have been charging me for a tablet I’ve never used or wanted. Even though I asked you multiple times am I going to be charged ever for this? Oh no, no sir.

Absolute crooks. And a total joke.

Hi I received an email from Rogers CEO saying that the service is back on? Not here
I have a a little sign but nothing working so it’s not only Friday it’s 3 days now. Can’t even check my bank account.

Watoko
I'm here a lot

Is anyone's still down? In Stouffville, Sunday July 10, 10 am and still no internet service................

DanMorning
I've been here awhile
Same can't connect to any web sites. Sold whit like modem is a lie!

Goalie3233
I'm here a lot
My tv has finally begun to work without any iinterruptions but their response has been nothing short of total inaccuracies

Almost 3 days what a incompetent way to run a business cell on the radar

DanMorning
I've been here awhile
Had an service call booked, tech was running late and called. He said the changing modems is not restoring service and may even make it worse. It's not a hardware issue but a software one on Roger's side. As we were talking my internet came back and is now working. Hope it stays that way. Good luck to everyone and let's hope Roger's restores service to all soon.

djforsyth
I've been here awhile

Rogers still hasn't restored television service in Binbrook, Ontario, but at least we have a phone again. My wife has serious health issues, so I'm grateful for that, but the idea that the "vast majority" of customers have had service restored is not believable. I just wish Rogers would be honest with us so we know what to expect. I was on a chat line for an hour today, while the Rogers representative responded every 5-10 minutes; obviously talking to multiple customers simultaneously and not solving anything. If he had just said, "I've noted your issue and address, and it may take up to 48 hours to fix it." then I would at least know where I stand, but instead, he wasted an hour of my time and I still know nothing.

If as they claim all but 1% if customers have service why is it impossible to reach them just would like a small bit if honesty and accountability

In Stouffville and got back my service finally on Sunday at 4 pm. I hope you get your services back soon...clearly Rogers goes where their money and customer base is....

It's too bad they don't give a detailed service outage breakdown so that you know they're still working on it, rather than a "everything is fully restored". Very marginalizing for those who don't live in the big cities...

shaggyskunk
I'm a trusted contributor
My service was restored Saturday morning around 8am, but I know that not everyone was back up.
All of Rogers customers should have received the email from Rogers CEO, Tony Staffieri by now.
While it seems to be genuine, make no mistake that Rogers did NOT have a choice! You can be absolutely CERTAIN that there's going to be an investigation by the CRTC.
The collapse of Rogers network was always a possibility, but that it affected everything from Debit transactions, to critical 911 calls is inexcusable! There SHOULD have been redundancies IN PLACE ALREADY, & ones that were TESTED prior to last Friday's mess!
It's certainly true that this could have happened to any Canadian Carrier, but it didn't & Rogers was left scrambling & I'm sure in a PANIC of epic proportions!
While Staffieri's email was "warm & fuzzy", it doesn't make up for what happened, and I'm not sure if "proactive credits", will be enough?
What this does point out GRAPHICALLY, is that Canada needs more Carriers, not fewer. Imagine if Rogers attempt to buy Shaw was successful.. And one LESS Canadian Carrier??
Canada pays some of the highest Mobile fees in the WORLD, and don't buy into the "Canada is geographically one of the biggest countries, so the network costs more to cover the area.. Something like 75% or more of the population lives within a narrow strip along the US border.
When the CRTC mandated that Canadian Carriers HAD to only have Carrier UNLOCKED phones in 2017, Rogers & other Carriers, tried to spin it like it was their idea.. So honesty isn't necessarily the case.
Hopefully the CRTC will FORCE Rogers & the other Canadian Carriers to cooperate with each other, and ensure that this never happens again!
But also the CRTC needs to put pressure on the Canadian Carriers, to lower prices for ALL of their services!
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 12 in conversation