cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers XB6 (Ignite WiFi Hub) Router does not Reserve static IPs

sikhness
I plan to stick around

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I was able to Reserve Static IPs on the XB6 Router correctly, however now whenever I try to do that I now get a "Failure! Please check your inputs." message.  I'm no longer able to set any Reserved IP addresses.  I feel like the Router was updated to a new firmware which made the list of Connected Devices show up in a more stable fashion but now Reserved IPs are not working at all.

Does anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it? I am on the following software version:

eMTA & DOCSIS Software Version: Prod_19.3_d31 & Prod_19.3
Software Image Name: CGM4140COM_4.6p4s1_PROD_sey
Advanced Services: CGM4140COM
Packet Cable: 2.0

49 REPLIES 49

Re: Rogers XB6 (Ignite WiFi Hub) Router does not Reserve static IPs

abcd567
I've been here awhile

I put something in comment field, but Reserved IP still did not work

PeteyGee
I've been here awhile
typing a single word in the comment box is for the "Failure! Please check your inputs." error, not the already assigned ip error...

abcd567
I've been here awhile

I tried both ways, empty comment box, and a word in comment box. Both say "Failure, check your inputs".
Sometimes it said "This IP is already assigned to another device" even when I tried with a dozen different IP. Sometimes it said "Conflicting MAC address". 

SUMMARY: It always failed whatever I try.

tz3p9v
I've been around

Same here -- but I have the new XB7 modem and can not reserve IP as described by docs.    I can "sorta" get reserved IPs by forwarding a dummy port -- but this is a bad work around.   Any idea when this might be address (if ever?)

BEWARE -- this is a rather major issue if you want to reserve IP for servers or dedicated devices.   

Alternative is to go into bridge mode -- but then TV side of world turns into a nightmare.   Not pleased.

ColdGranite
I'm a senior contributor

@tz3p9v wrote:

Same here -- but I have the new XB7 modem and can not reserve IP as described by docs.    I can "sorta" get reserved IPs by forwarding a dummy port -- but this is a bad work around.   Any idea when this might be address (if ever?)

BEWARE -- this is a rather major issue if you want to reserve IP for servers or dedicated devices.   

Alternative is to go into bridge mode -- but then TV side of world turns into a nightmare.   Not pleased.

I have not tried setting static IPs through the gateway.... but I HAVE set static IPs by configuring the settings on the device itself,  and the gateway recognizes the IP as "reserved" and finds the device no problem.

sanand
I've been here awhile

Yes, Adding comment(single word) does work. 

Ideally, Rogers should fix this issue as this field is not mandatory.

Keep in mind this is a Comcast product, not a Rogers product, so, you're right, it doesn't make sense, but, for whatever reason, Comcast has chosen to require a 1 word comment in the comment field.  

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
The comment thing is probably unintentional.
Topic Stats