Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@donnelly_7 to signup for the trial firmware if you're interested, send a private message to @CommunityHelps  Follow that link to the public page for @CommunityHelps and then select the link on the right hand side to "Send this user a private message" to navigate to the message composition page. It will already be addressed. 

Fill in the title: Rocket Modem Firmware Trial

In the text area, add your modems:

MAC Address
Serial Number
Modem Model: this can be found on the product sticker at the back of the modem, CGN3xxxx 

The first two can be found in the Status page when you log into the modem or on the back of the modem. They can be copied from the Status page and pasted into the message. 

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaid on your avatar at the top right hand corner signifying a response from one of the moderators. Select that link and follow it down to your message inbox.  You should see a disclaimer that has to be acknowledged prior to loading the latest version of trial firmware. 

Keep an eye open on this thread or the Open Issues thread for any particular requirements for rebooting or running a factory reset on a modem with trial firmware loaded.  The usual rule these days is that a modem reboot or restart is fine to run.  A Factory Reset will cause the modem to revert to the current production firmware for that modem.  

wongnog
I plan to stick around

Reporting a bug, as originally posted here:

Hitron CODA-4582 user on 2.0.10.31.  If user has IPv6 disabled and wants to manually set DNS servers, you cannot leave the IPv6 DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  Instead you get an error message:

[ERROR] - Please input the DNS infomation !

Likewise, if user has IPv4 disabled, you cannot leave the DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  I recommend the following bugfixes:

• Only show all 4 DNS addresses when running in Dual mode
  • Fix the spelling mistake for "infomation" in the above error message

@wongnog wrote:

Reporting a bug, as originally posted here:

Hitron CODA-4582 user on 2.0.10.31.  If user has IPv6 disabled and wants to manually set DNS servers, you cannot leave the IPv6 DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  Instead you get an error message:

[ERROR] - Please input the DNS infomation !

Likewise, if user has IPv4 disabled, you cannot leave the DNS1 or DNS2 addresses blank.  I recommend the following bugfixes:

• Only show all 4 DNS addresses when running in Dual mode
  • Fix the spelling mistake for "infomation" in the above error message

Thanks, reported to Hitron.

stefanc1974
I've been here awhile

I am having issues with LAN ports dropping connection on a Fido modem (I believe that's the CGN3AMF ?). Can I sign up for the new firmware trial ?

Yes.

stefanc1974
I've been here awhile

What do I need to do in order to get it?

Cheers,

Stefan

@stefanc1974 wrote:

What do I need to do in order to get it?

Cheers,

Stefan

@stefanc1974

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking to join the firmware test program. Include your modem serial number, modem MAC address, and account number. Be sure to tell them you're running the Fido Modem.

jeff77
I'm here a lot
Hi I'm having trouble with my Rogers modem possibly and Chromecast tech said i need a different modem.
What do i do now ??

@jeff77 what modem do you currently have?  It will either be a black CGN3xxx or a white CODA-4582.  The exact model of the black CNG3 variety can be seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem.  Also, of importance at this time is the firmware version that you currently have.  That can be seen on the STATUS page when you log into the modem, listed as the Software Version.  Note that the various CGN3 models are not running a unified firmware version, so, in some cases, if necessary, the end user can either switch modems or request that the trial firmware be loaded on their modem.  Switching up to the CGN3ACSMR which runs the latest production firmware should solve the Chromecast issue.  That can also be achieved by requesting the trial firmware load for your current modem.  

To request the trial firmware follow this link @CommunityHelps to navigate to the @CommunityHelps page when you are signed into the forum. On the right hand side of the page is a link titled "Send this user a private message". Use that link to navigate to the next message composition page. It will already be addressed. 

1. Fill in the title with Rocket Modem Trial Firmware Request.
2. In the text area, include your request, including the modem MAC address and Serial number. The modem MAC address and serial number can be found on the sticker at the back of the modem, or copied from the data located in the Status page of the modem when you are logged into the modem.

Send that info to @CommunityHelps and you should see a reply later today.

When you're logged into the forum, watch for a number overlaying your avatar at the upper right hand corner. Follow the avatar link down to the message inbox to acknowledge the waiver that is required for the trial firmware. When that is acknowledged, you should see the firmware loaded later today or tomorrow. When you know that the firmware has been loaded, reboot or restart the modem. Don't run a factory reset as that will return the modem back to the latest production firmware version for that modem.

georgic
I plan to stick around

Modem CODA, firmware 32.

Testing MoCA. MoCA has now firmware 20. Before was 11 and I could connect my adaptor but speeds was

very slow 5M. Adaptor was on and of. After installing PoE ( point of entrance) MoCA filter connection was stady

only speed to slow to watch movie from my NAS HD. Now in this new firmware (20) I got connection for few minutes, check speeds was good 11M, but I lost coax connection. Try reboot my adaptor- nothing,

try disable and enable MoCA in the modem -nothing only reboot CODA modem helped to get connection

for few minutes and again lost connection. I believe MoCA in the modem after few minutes frizzes up.   I believe

when start to download data modem's MoCA stop working

richmond5
I've been here awhile
I would I know the firmware is ready for me to download? Thanks!

Hello, @richmond5

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for joining the Firmware Trial. The firmware will be deployed to the modem directly so there is no user interaction involved. The modem will reboot once the firmware is pushed. You can check the firmware version by logging into the modem, it's listed under Status/System Information. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

richmond5
I've been here awhile
But its been more than 4 days still no firmware change to 33T3 yet?

I know in my case, my request for the firmware upgrade was through Google tech support for a known firmware issue with some Rogers home gateways.  There are some instances where the firmware is not pushed through, and requires a Rogers tech support ticket to get what you need.  I have the CGNM-3552 running 4.5.8.33 which seems to have resolved most of the issues.  It should be noted for Chromecast users, however, that some of the settings required by Chromecast users are not able to be changed without technical support because of changes to the end-user modem dashboard.

It sounds like you're getting blown off. I had a large number of problems with my chromecast system (2 Google Homes, 2 TV and 2 audio). Bottom line after a series of escalations by Google: there are known issues with some of the Rogers home gateways, and most of the time requires updated firmware. However, there are additional settings on the router required by Chromecast that are not adjustable by the end-user, and may require a Rogers tech to change (if not already set up by default). My case was escalated to a Rogers network engineer, and higher up at Google. These are known issues, and I don't understand why Rogers (or Google) haven't posted some of these fixes on their tech-support FAQS.

richmond5
I've been here awhile

I was reguesting for the trial firmware for Hitron CODA. Mine situation might be a little difference from yours!

I tried everything from contacting chrome cast multiple times and Rogers aswell... trial and error... searching online for solutions... finally the 7th or 8th person I talked to that knew what he was talking about.
We tried his solution and it worked for me... chrome cast fully operational and connecting properly.

The solution for me was to call Rogers and request them to reset the modem back to factory default settings. It will lose a bit of security but will allow chrome cast to connect and that is the reason chrome cast isn't connecting because Rogers has adjusted the security settings on yhe modem so things like chrome cast will not be able to connect properly.

I hope this helps some people with the same issues I had for months after many many calls... hours of waiting... hours of talking finally a real solution that worked for me.

shadowvillain
I've been here awhile

PM sent to @CommunityHelps

Thanks

Hello,

I need to upgrade my modem firmware so I can use chromecast.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@bawan wrote:

Hello,

I need to upgrade my modem firmware so I can use chromecast.

@bawan

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking to join the firmware trial. Be sure to include your account number, modem serial number, and modem MAC address. The last two can be found when you log in to the modem.

gennadiv
I've been here awhile

Dear @RogersMargaret,

Could you please add me to the trial - actually, I already joined this trial long ago, so I might be still on the list

Please confirm as I need ASAP fix for Guest network to be installed and the latest F/W got fixed it last time

Thanks a lot for your help,