Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Does anyone know what the Coda defult firewall settings are for IPv6?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

same as ipv4: Minimum with ping from WAN on Deny.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks,

For some reason my was set as: 

Custom,,,, Entire firewall ON

HTTP Deny

ICMP Allow 

P2P Deny

IDENT Deny

Ping from Wan Deny

I Plan to Stick Around

@borford wrote:

Have noted a couple of Codas with speed problems since the .24 firmware was pushed out. A factory reset immediately cured the problem but can't followup to see if it is a permanent fix.

Going from .19 where I was getting consistent 900-950 download speeds to be pushed out to the .24 which automatically bumped me down to 750 download speeds, I dont think that's a step in the right direction.

I Plan to Stick Around

does anyone have any suggestions or solutions for pixel and pixel xl dropping wifi on coda modem on firmware.24

I Plan to Stick Around

Due to ongoing issues with my pixel and pixel xl dropping wifi, perhaps purchasing a router and putting coda in bridge mode might be the answer. Thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. 

I have been looking at the D Link AC 1900 Dual Band Gigabit DIR-880L. Any have any experience or knowledge on this router? Will it work with Coda? All and any info will help befor I make the purchase of a new router.

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury, the 880L has the same processor as my Asus RT-AC68U, which for gigabit service is now slightly old.  Anyone with gigabit service, and looking to buy a router should be looking at a a 1.4, preferably a 1.7 Ghz processor or faster in order to handle the throughput and the security services.  Realistically speaking, that requires something over 2 Ghz router with a stand-alone wifi access point.  It just depends on your budget and how much time you want to spend learning how to set up and run something like a PfSense, OpenSense, Sophos type of router.  For an all in one, I'd recommend looking at something like the Asus RT-AC1900P which has a 1.4 Ghz processor.  There are other Asus routers with the same or possibly faster processor which will provide Multi User MIMO (MU-MIMO) wifi where the router broadcasts to 4 devices simultaneously for downstream services and receive the responses one at a time from those devices for upstream services.  That is the new generation of router that has hit the market recently, but, to take advantage of that, your devices also have to be built with the new generation of wifi card as well, so, I suspect that its going to be several years for that to happen.  Despite the number of manufactures around, all with their individual issues in terms of router updates and security, my recommendation at the present time is to look at Asus routers and restrict your search to 1.4, 1.7 Ghz and faster processors.  For some of those routers, you would also have the option of running Merlin's AsusWRT instead of the stock AsusWRT.

https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/

https://www.snbforums.com/forums/asuswrt-merlin.42/

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-reviews/32500-d-link-dir-880l-ac1900-wi-fi-router-...

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info!

I have always only ever used what has been supplied by Rogers so adding a router is very new to me. 

thanks again!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hucklebury, one more  item I should have mentioned in addition to a 1.4 Gh or faster processor, external antenna.  Whatever you decide to buy, ensure that it has both of those.  External antenna are one factor which allows a good router to provide better wifi coverage for your home. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I really wish Pixel XL and Coda would get along with each other and not forced to buy a router.

The one you suggested (Asus RT-AC1900P) I can get from EBAY. Its a manufacturer refurbished unit for $139.99 ??