Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hi,

Where can get request to update my current firmware version on CGN-3553 version 4.5.8.21 I have an issue on port forwarding and SSH from outside.

Thanks,

Hello, @jgascon

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Currently, we are offering 4.5.8.22 firmware version for CGNM3552 which has the fix to restore Chromecast functionality. 

If you would like to request the firmware, please send the CommunityHelps a private message to receive the firmware by following the steps below;

1. Click this link - CommunityHelps
  2. On the CommunityHelps' profile page which opens up, on the top right side click on "SEND THIS USER A PRIVATE MESSAGE"
  3. In the Message Subject box, please type in Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial and send the message

We will be in touch with you with further instructions until the firmware is deployed, thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Network Architect
Network Architect

@jgascon wrote:

Hi,

Where can get request to update my current firmware version on CGN-3553 version 4.5.8.21 I have an issue on port forwarding and SSH from outside.

Thanks,

Hi jgascon,

I have seen this issue before and I think the problem is still present in the latest version. I will flag this issue (in the 2nd post of this thread) and report it internally.

You can still follow the instructions below to be part of the trial and you will receive the fix when it comes before it is officially rolled out in production.

Dave

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am not sure about the instructions to follow below. Do you have a form that I need to fill up to get this fixed? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jgascon have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

I'm a Regular

if i,m put on the beta firmware .27 and once it starts to be rolled out do we get the one thats been rolled out to the public or are we stuck on the beta firmware

Network Architect
Network Architect

@lethalsniper wrote:

if i,m put on the beta firmware .27 and once it starts to be rolled out do we get the one thats been rolled out to the public or are we stuck on the beta firmware

Lethalsniper,

There is no difference between the beta firmware .27 and the production deployment firmware. If you join the trial program, you will receive early access to firmware 4.5.8.27 (exactly the same that will be deployed in production).

The difference is that once we receive the next firmware (.28 or .29), you will receive it while everybody else will remain on .27 until the next firmware is ceritified.

Dave

I'm Here A Lot

Hi Guys,

Are there any updates on .27 firmware for CGN-3553?  I'm using .22 at the moment.

Thanks in advance...

Martin

I've Been Around

Hello, I was told on Twitter (@RogersHelps) to request a firmware update to my Hitron modem so that google/chrome cast can work again.

Thank you

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, I will be getting the gigabit connection and a new modem tonight.

Do I need the trial firmware to have chromecast working or the regular one should be ok?