Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Hi

I am not able to cast videos from my laptop to my tv. I was told that the problem is with the firmware . Will this trial version fix that problem? I have a Hitron router CGN3ACSMR and  i use Google Chrome Cast to cast my videos.

If this firmware trial version is the fix for the problem I have please let me know how i can download and install this solution.Thanks

Rajan Ramanujam

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rajan55, firmware version 4.5.8.22 is now being distributed across the network to the CGN3ACSMRs.  By the end of the week or weekend I would expect you to have that version on your modem.  You might still be able to request it.  Have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can someone please explain why my 3552 is till on 4.5.8.19? Constant disconnections, contacted tech supoport requested and update to at least 4.5.8.21, no update of course. Trying to get the beta, still no update. I'm 24 hours from dumping Rogers. Gigabit not worth it if it doesn't work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lolzors have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave Any updates on how well testing is going for 4.5.8.25?

Network Architect
Network Architect

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

@RogersDave Any updates on how well testing is going for 4.5.8.25?

Eddiethefunnyon,

At the moment, firmware 4.5.8.25 is on hold. We have identified some issues that are preventing us from deploying it on a larger scale. We are working with Hitron on the next iteration at the moment.

I will post the details in message #2 of the feedback thread.

Dave

I'm a Regular

Rogers has started pushing out the 4.5.8.22 firmware so is there any need for the beta ?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@lethalsniper wrote:
Rogers has started pushing out the 4.5.8.22 firmware so is there any need for the beta ?

The firmware 4.5.8.22T3 is currently being deployed on CGN3ACSMR modems. The deployment should be completed in the next few days. Deployment is not yet scheduled for other models.

For subscribers with a CGN3ACSMR, if you are requesting the trial strictly to fix a Chromecast issue, it is probably better to wait until you receive it as part of the normal deployment.

If you want to test the latest and greatest firmware that we have available (we are expecting a new firmware in the coming days), then there is still value in registering for this trial.

I'm a Regular

What about the 3552 modem ?
Network Architect
Network Architect

@lethalsniper wrote:
What about the 3552 modem ?

The CGNM-3552 currently runs in production with either 4.5.8.19 or 4.5.8.21.

On that modem, in order to obtain 4.5.8.22T3, you currently need to be part of the firmware trial program.