Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

Bromoran
I plan to stick around
@toomanyissues

Yes it fixes the issues with chromecast. Follow the instructions in post #145 to recieve the new firmware

Bobbywang
I've been here awhile

Sorry if this question has been answered before. How do I update my firmware on the wifi modem to resolve my chrome cast problem? Chrome cast has not been working since I got the 250u wifi modem from Rogers. I have tried rebooting the modem and resetting the chrome cast multiple times. No luck.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Bobbywang wrote:

Sorry if this question has been answered before. How do I update my firmware on the wifi modem to resolve my chrome cast problem? Chrome cast has not been working since I got the 250u wifi modem from Rogers. I have tried rebooting the modem and resetting the chrome cast multiple times. No luck.

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.&; A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

taitran1962
I've been around

Hi, I purchased a Chromecast from the US and It worked with the internet fine, but I just recently upgraded my internet and now it doesnt work anymore. Thanks!

Kamal2kaushik
I've been here awhile
I am interested in taking up this trail.I hope this fixes the chromecast issue as well

@Kamal2kaushik wrote:
I am interested in taking up this trail.I hope this fixes the chromecast issue as well

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”. A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

HTH,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Bobbywang
I've been here awhile
I just got the new firmware push. Now my chromecast is working.

Raham
I've been here awhile
Is your chromecast still working without any problems?? Not sure if I should sign up for update. Recently joined Rogers and have a CGN3AMR.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Raham, if you have a CGN3ACR, or CGN3ACSMR as seen by the product sticker at the back of the modem, you can request the trial version update.  This will take care of problems with Chromecast devices.  If you have very recently become a Rogers customer, I would guess that your current firmware is presenting problems with Chromecast and possibly with other applications and devices s as well.  The instructions for requesting the update can be seen at Message #471 on the following page (top post):

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

Raham
I've been here awhile
I have a CGN3AMR not the two you mentioned

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm, thats very strange.  I'm going to assume that there has been a misprint.  As far as I'm aware, there are only the CGN3, CGN3ACR and CGN3ACSMR in the series of Hitron modems that are used by Rogers.  In any event, the firmware developed for the CGN3ACSMR can be loaded on the CGN3ACR as well.  I would follow the instructions for requesting the update and include the MAC address of the modem in the request, indicating as well that you would like one of the moderators to confirm the modem model.  The moderators can comfirm the model and indicate if there are any issues updating your modem.  The MAC address is found at the back of the modem or on the STATUS page which is the first page that is displayed when you log into the modem.

I havent received any reply on my request for Trail

@Raham wrote:
I have a CGN3AMR not the two you mentioned

The CGN3AMR is supported by this trial (and no it is not a misprint).

The CGN3AMR is technically exactly the same modem as the CGN3ACSMR with a different casing (it has some sort of a retro look and it is grey). All new modems have this form factor but both modem types are still available in multiple stores.

The CGN3AMF is also exactly the same but with FIDO branding.

j2pc
I plan to stick around

Is Software Version 4.5.8.22 the latest trial firmware?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yes.

juliantamin
I've been around

I need the beta version applied to my modem 4.5.8.22

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@juliantamin wrote:

I need the beta version applied to my modem 4.5.8.22

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”. A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions. We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. Questions regarding this program can be posted below. ***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate. To register, please follow these steps.*** Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

HTH,

Daniel Smiley Wink

When will the 4.5.8.22 be rolled out automatic if we know it fixes Chromecast

canina
I've been around
I request Beta Firmware 4.5.8.22

Bromoran
I plan to stick around

@canina wrote:
I request Beta Firmware 4.5.8.22

@canina to receive the Firmware 4.5.8.22  follow the instructions in post #164

Bundy450
I've been around

Please add me to the trial. I am experiencing many problems with Chromecast.