Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

The Rogers Community Forums has always played an important role in providing important feedback regarding our products and services. We are excited to offer our users an opportunity to participate in a trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR, CGN3ACR and CGN3AMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). This program is exclusive to registered users of the Rogers Community Forums (space is limited).

The new firmware includes the following features and enhancements:

• IPv6 enabled by default
  • Security enhancements
  • Fix to preserve LAN connectivity in case of HFC outage or loss of signal
  • Addition of Wi-Fi Survey functionality
  • Improved stability of WPS function
  • Improved Wi-Fi performance
  • Various minor GUI changes and improvements

If you are interested in participating, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the subject line “Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial”.  A member of our team will be in contact with you and provide you with further instructions.

We’re keen to receive feedback on this new firmware. Once you've received the new firmware, please provide your feedback directly in the FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial thread. 

Questions regarding this program can be posted below.

***Please note - you must be a registered user of the Rogers Community Forums in order to participate.  To register, please follow these steps.***

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

625 REPLIES 625

Re: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial

@popalz7

Please have a look at message #63 on the following page regarding the trial firmware which resolves casting problems:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

Samanthab
I've been around

Hello, I would like to get the firmware trial update.

Thanks

EhmTeeEhf
I'm a reliable contributor

is this specific to the rocket modem what about for its previous model? i have noticed my modem since changing to the CGN3 its not allowing me to stream in hd/game/browse with the latest firmware. before i went to this model of modem i had no issues doing several tasks at same time. just wondering... any ideas about updated firmware for the CGN3?

kathleen71
I've been around

Yes I would be interested in trying the trial as my current Rocket modem does not recognize chromecast

hello @kathleen71, @Samanthab

Please have a look at message #63 on the following page regarding the trial firmware which resolves casting problems:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

Bowex
I've been here awhile

I would like the Beta firmware for the CGNM-3552 modem. Will this fix the league of legends connectivity issue?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bowex please see the link in the above post to the other page.

You're the first person to comment on any issues with the CGNM-3552 and LoL.  Its possible that the update will resolve it, but I don't know as this is the first report of the problem.  There was an issue with the CGN3ACSMR which was released last year.  That was resolved with firmware version 4.5.8.16.  I would hope that if the same or very similar chipset was used in the CGNM-3552, that Hitron would have incorporated the same firmware changes as previously developed in order to prevent any future occurances.  Maybe not??  Only one way to find out.  Follow the link and send a private message to @CommunityHelps requesting the update, as indicated in the links.  Please let us know if this does resolve it.  Were you running a CGN3ACSMR previously and if so, did you have any problems with LoL?

@EhmTeeEhf, can you confirm that the modem you have is a CGN3, as indicated by the product sticker at the back of the modem?  There are also the CGN3ACR and CGN3ACSMR which look identical other than the product sticker.  From that I've seen posted on the forum, at the present time the firmware builds are as follows:

Network        Trial

CGN3:                 4.2.4.6            Nil

CGN3ACR:         4.5.8.16          4.5.8.22T1

CGN3ACSMR:   4.5.8.21          4.5.8.22T1

CGNM-3552:     4.5.8.19          4.5.8.22T1

Note:  The "TI" cannot be observed on the user interface.  Hopefully 4.5.8.22T2 will be released to the trial participants during the week of Jul 11th to 15th.

There is also the issue of going from something like a Cisco DPC-3825 or Hitron CGN2 to a CGN3 series modem where the NAT appears to be much stricter, which can cause problems for applications and devices .  

Hubert1
I've been here awhile

Please add to me this trial too.  Just replaced the Rocket Modem and Chromecast connection is lost.

Thanks

Bowex
I've been here awhile

@Datalink I just got the new modem about a month ago, and my league problems started the moment I upgraded to the Ignite plan. I will let you know if it does resolve it.

william6
I've been here awhile
I have problem connecting chromecast, every time I have to reset /ON/OFF) the modem to make it work.

I would like to try the Trial Firmware, show me how.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Bowex what modem were you running before, the Cisco DPC-3825 or Hitron CGN2?

Hello @william6@Hubert1

gagankinra
I've been here awhile

Hi

I am facing this issue with my Rogers Modem with chromecast from more than a month and seen this post in the community. It would be great if you would let me know the steps to update the firmware?

Hello @gagankinra,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Please refer to @RogersMargaret first post on this thread, for further instructions on how to participate with the firmware trial.  

Cheers,

RogersCilio

twopher
I plan to stick around

WINDOWS 10 ETHERNET PROBLEM SOLVED???

For a while i was connected by wifi on my desktop and only today noticed ethernet wasnt connected... long story short.. fixed the wires, showed as if it was connected... unidentified network the status was saying... removed all network devices and reinstalled... still connected to an unidentified network... so i noticed i had a old VPN DNS manually entered... changed it to auto and retried and same unidentified network so i said frig this.. enterring everything manually:

ip 192.168.0.xxx

subnet 255.255.255.0

gateway 192.168.0.1

rogers dns1 64.71.255.204

rogers dns2 64.71.255.198

retried and now im back to a 250mbps + connection.. you wouldnt think anything less than 250 would give you extreme OCD untill you have the tatse of speed!

twopher
I plan to stick around

Have been using a Canon ImageClass 8580cdw printer using WIFI since i got the machine and even after the firmware trial i received some time back (2+ weeks) i actually was able to print wirelessely from the computer on Tuesday (2 days ago) and now all of a sudden no matter what i do with WPS, manual ssid... manual IP's auto ips and all its as if the printer is connected to the modem but the modem is now allowing the device to be broadcasted or who ever you would say it.. in the Show Devices menu in the modem the printer is listed but the computer cant find it or it will not load the printer interface in the browser but as soon as i connect the printer by wire it works... is the new firware preventing my wifi on my printer to work?

twopher
I plan to stick around

OH LORDE LORDE

firmware is a mess

1- printer no longer works with wifi (connected but nothing can be done by the printer or computer)

2- manual ip didnt work... only ethernet.. tried getting help from canon and nothing.

3- Factory Reset the modem (what a mess)

4- Cannot gain access to 192.168.0.1 cusadmin/password not working

5- Desktop computer running windows 10 ethernet connection now says ipv4 no internet   IPV6 has internet access... cannot gain access to modem page still... websites that load are very limited not even rogers will load on ipv6 but google.com loads and searches stuff no problem... amazon.ca dont work.. microsoft.com dont work

6- manually entered IPV4 information  inclusing dns and webpages work.. but still cannot get into the modem to fix any advanced setting, dchp reservation etc..

7- GET ME A NEW MODEM WITH OLD FIRMWARE!!!!

Ryanoud1
I've been around

i want this firmware trail 

twopher
I plan to stick around

be very weary of what your asking for.

my windows pc with not connect by ethernet wire without settings being manually input for the ipv4 to work.. ipv6 has limited connectivity to websites. i could only get google.com to show uup.. Rogers.com didnt work

my canon imageclass 8580cdw colour laser printer was working fine wireleslly on tuesday and now i cant print to it through wifi connection. but with manually pluging in the ether cable and manually puting in the IP numbers it works but i need that wire for the other devices connected to the network. so

if you plan on only usding it for dektop use and no other printerns and stuff maybe this is good for you bur if you have plethera of deviced this wilkl cause problems.

Twopher,

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues. I have sent you further instructions via private message. The problem is that after factory reset, you need to complete the EasyConnect initial setup.

You can complete this setup by connecting to the RogersXXXXX_EasyConnect WiFi network. After setup, all your devices will be operating normally and the password you have set for your WiFi network will be used for the management interface (along with username cusadmin) at http://192.168.0.1

Let me know if you still experience difficulties after performing these steps.

Dave