Rogers Ignite Gigabit Very... very Slow Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Rogers Ignite Gigabit Very... very Slow Speeds

If your lucky enough to have bell service at over 1.5 gbps you should never go to rogers. Only a few neighborhoods offer the 1.5 gbps speeds at bell the rest are 50mb tops. So your lucky id switch back to bell asap
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@HutchFam  the Actiontec MoCA 2.0 adapters will work with any modem.  The rest of the MoCA system is up to the customer to install, although you could probably ask Rogers to install a MoCA qualified splitter and Point of Entry filter.  I'd have to have a look at the splitter specs to see if its MoCA 2.0 qualified or not. 

I don't have time tonight to look at all of the issues, but I'd like you to do one thing.  With your Lenovo laptop, in close proximity to the modem and connected via wifi, right click on the wifi symbol in the lower right hand task bar.  Select "Open Network and Internet Settings"  On the next popup page, select "View your network properties".  On the next page, please copy the Description of the adapter, which will be the laptops wifi adapter and post that for me.  Also post the Link speed (Receive/Transmit).  Please post both numbers. 

I'd like to do a little research to determine the specs for the wifi adapter and the max theoretical data rate at the moment, given the laptops connection rate with the modem that I'm asking you to post.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Very, very slow and getting worse. Why is this happening and why are some shows suddenly unavailable?

Hey @JohnWH54!

Can you be more specific regarding what you're experiencing? We'd love to assist however we can, we'll just need more details.

Have you run a speed test with a one wired connection as well as one wireless connection at the same time?
What were the speed test results from those devices?

Can you confirm which show's you're referring to? Is this OnDemand? Through the IgniteTV app? Within the home or outside?

Thanks!

@RogersAndy