cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods not working since outage

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Having an issue with the Pods since the service came back on from the outage.

Modem came back online.  Have rebooted it as well.
Pods will not connect to it?
I have restarted the pods, but they never seem to connect to the modem/each other.

I went through the process of removing one, it re-adds it to the account just fine, but in the step where it connect it to the network it fails/remains offline.

I have noticed that 1/2 of my smart devices wont connect to their service..
While some might be trying to get to a pod not on, the bigger issue seems like there is DNS trouble right now on rogers.... but that shouldnt effect the pods as far as i would think?

*** Edited Labels ***

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Pods not working since outage

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This morning I tried to use my main computer, which is connected via Ethernet and it would not work.  Changed the cable to a different port on the gateway and it worked.  Confirmed it was one port that was not working. WiFi was working fine on all my devices including the main computer. Restarted the entire system using the WiFi Hub App and all appears to be working again.  This may be the reason for your pod issues?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have restarted, both by unplugging the modem, as well as restarting from the app.  (and unlugging the pods)

Kevdamac
I've been here awhile
I as well am having issues connecting WiFi pods, rebooted entire gateway many times and still unable to connect. I have removed all pods and tried to re add them… no luck. Will give it another attempt in the morning as I feel this Rogers outage is yet to be over.

Andrra
I've been around
I also cant get my pods connected. Everyone in my home is huddled in the corner that has wifi. My cable is also glitchy and keeps freezing.

Plansue
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue with my pods. As soon as internet connectivity was restored, my modem and wifi router were working (XB6), but my pods will not come online, no matter what I try. They give me an error message that something didn't work and I need to try again. I've unplugged and plugged my gateway back in. I've restarted the gateway through the Ignite Wifi app. I've unplugged and plugged the two pods back in and tried to add them using the Ignite wifi app. I've even factory reset my gateway and nothing gets the pods to come back online. Like some others have stated, perhaps the pods and some other ports are not back up yet? If anyone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot my pods further, I'm all ears. Thanks!

Kevdamac
I've been here awhile
My pods are now online after I did another reboot 6:00am Sunday morning. If you are still having trouble. Try one one reboot, if still not working after then could be The service is not fully up in your area. Good luck.

gh1980
I've been here awhile

I tried rebooting again this morning. My pods are still not working either. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

darcybrawata
I've been here awhile

My pods also arent working and the cable is terribly glitchy and freezing and the internet is slow and wont load some pages. 

Basically title, since the outage receded my router works fine, but what ever I do, the rogers pods don't connect to the internet at all. Tried removing and reading, same issue, at the connecting screen during setup, nothing happens. Just an error saying that it couldn't connect. Even tried placing pods next to router, or connecting through an ethernet cable didn't work.

Internet works fine, no issues there, however the house doesn't have full coverage without the pods.

Nartinp
I've been around

I have the same problem. I too have tried the usual solutions with no success. Yesterday, the pods suddenly came back online for 10 minutes before going back offline. It has now been more than 72 hours and I cannot access internet through much of my home.

MissLou
I've been around
Same here. I have reset, refreshed and rebooted the pod, my gateway and my TV box several times. It is futile trying to watch anything on TV because sound and video constantly drop out.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 in conversation