New modem Hitron coda 4582 not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

New modem Hitron coda 4582 not working

Signed contract with Rogers on 4 Aug, took two weeks to deliver the modem which still not delivered yet. Scheduled Tech to come today but says not allow to enter into the property, pass me the modem and ask me to plug in by myself. Modem type is Hitron Coda 4582, tried three outlets from living room to bedroom, same issue, only download and 2/4G light on, the @ indicator never on. Really need to get my Internet!!!

*** Edited Labels ***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: New modem Hitron coda 4582 not working

@Orchidsfl wrote:
Signed contract with Rogers on 4 Aug, took two weeks to deliver the modem which still not delivered yet. Scheduled Tech to come today but says not allow to enter into the property, pass me the modem and ask me to plug in by myself.

Hi!  Welcome to the Community!

Have you ever had Rogers service before in your home?  If not, your wall jacks may not even be live.

You'll have a cable where the incoming Rogers service enters the residence.  (In a home, it's usually located next to your electrical panel.  In an apartment/condo, it will be located in a utility closet)  That feed then needs to be connected (using an F81 barrel connector) to the cable that goes to the wall jack where you would like to install the modem.

I would first try to connect the incoming feed directly to the modem.

I'm also rather surprised that the Rogers tech left without talking you through the installation and without checking the signal levels to your modem after you installed it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Is the tech still around?

If not, call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to check the modem.  Ensure that the modem is connected and powered up.  The first question is, can tech support see the modem.  The next question is, are the signal levels sufficient to check the modem.  The tech should have been able to check the signal levels before he or she left to ensure that the modem would actually run.  

Connect to the modem and using a web browser, enter 192.168.0.1 into the browser address bar to navigate to the log in page.  Log into the modem and on the Status page which shows up when you log into the modem, have a look at the Software Version that is loaded.  The latest version is 2.0.10.36T8 for the 2.x versions.  The latest version is 7.1.1.32.  When the modem first fires up, it should run a firmware check and download version 7.x.  That update can take a while to load, but, withing about 5 minutes, the modem should be up and running.  Fwiw, I'd run another reboot when that version load, which can be done by using the ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot function.

While your at the Status page, copy the HFC MAC Address and have that on hand for when you call tech support.  The field tech should have ensured that the modem was registered within the system, but, just in case something went wrong, have that available for your conversation with tech support. 

Lastly, you should check to ensure that the incoming cable from the street is connected to the correct cable outlet in your home.  In your basement (for a house) or utility closet (apartment/condo/etc) you should see the incoming cable, connected to a splitter and then to the various cables for the home. Ideally, if you only have the modem from Rogers, that incoming cable should be connect to the correct house cable with an F-81 connector, which is the same connector that is contained in the wallplates.  The connector looks like this:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ideal-3ghz-f-splice-adapter-10-pack-/1000751479

The field tech should have asked a few questions to determine what cabling you had in the home and how it was connected, as well as ensuring that the modem was up and running before he or she left. 

Tech support:  1-888-764-3771 (1-888-ROGERS1) 

Fwiw, if you navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN tab, you can see the modem's signal levels.  If you select, from the Downstream Overview line, all the way to the bottom of the table, you can right click .... Copy, and then in a new post right click .... Paste.  That should paste in the entire signal table as it appears in the modem's user interface.   Copy the whole table, from the front end of the "Downstream Overview" line, to the bottom right hand corner of the bottom OFDM/OFDMA section. 

Having said all of that, I'm hoping that you're able to log into the modem even though it appears that the modem's isn't fully operational.  That could be due to a firmware update, but, a few minutes of letting it chug along will prove whether or not thats the case. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

the @ indicator should be on before going to web browser,web only shows modem not connect now. tech is not helpful at all,ask me try other outlet in other rooms which still the same,keep saying cannot go into my condo to check,he gave me 1800 number to call...
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to identify the incoming cable from the street?  If so, that is what I would connect the modem to.  You might need an extension cord to power the modem, depending on where that incoming cable it located.  

Did you have internet service with another company before and if so, were all of the house cable ports working?

If you can find and connect to the incoming cable from the street, get the modem up and running, you can then work on getting the house cable connected.  Ask the tech for a two port splitter or an F-81 connector, which would be the preferred connector if you only have the Rogers modem, and no other Rogers services.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Orchidsfl  If the tech is still around, ask for an F81 connector, extra coax patch cables (1 short, 1 long), and a handful of terminator caps.  The should give you all of the parts that you will need to complete the installation.  We (or Rogers Tech Support) can then talk you through completing the installation.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Datalink  Great suggestions, as always!  I don't have anything else to add at this time... and you know the Hitron CODA modems inside-out, I don't, so I'll sit back for now and leave this in your very capable hands.

@Orchidsfl  Best of luck in getting your new installation working!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

called tech support line,then direct me go customer care then send me to store,spend whole afternoon at the store,still not solved...
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

updates:so the whole day from 10 am to 9pm im calling tech support line who says the modem is not match the registered modem info under my account then forward me to customer care to update info,while they said its the wrong modem and sent me to the store. spend whole afternoon at the store and they called customer service again and said everything looks good in system now and should be work and gave me the modem. then i back it still the SAME issue from the beginning!!! Went to store they said they did everything they can on their side and ask me to call tech support,so im back in line with tech support...terrible
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Orchidsfl  I'm so sorry to hear about the experience that you have had so far.  I hope that we can all help you to get your service up and running as soon as possible.

Were you able to locate the incoming Rogers cable feed in your utility closet and does it appear to be connected to any of the wall jacks?  You will be looking for a coax cable that either feeds into a splitter that then connects to your wall plates -or- that's connected to another cable using a "barrel" connector.

The other thing that you might see is an RFoG ONU that converts incoming fibre to coax rather than a coax feed.

(If you do not have a coax feed, or have incoming fibre but no ONU, that's a problem.)

Someway, somehow, you will need to find the incoming service and get it connected to the wall jack next to where you would like to place your modem.

Also, what modem do you currently have now?  Is it still a Hitron CODA unit or, since this is a totally new installation, did Rogers provide you with an Ignite XB6 gateway instead?