cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone is linked to the tv , and WiFi has to restart all the time. Signal always get dropped.

Bunny_11
I've been here awhile

Home internet always get dropped

***ADDED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My phone is linked to the tv , and WiFi has to restart all the time. Signal always get dropped.

RogersCorey

Good morning @Bunny_11!

I understand that an intermittent connection can be frustrating. In order to get to the bottom of this, we'll need to know more.

When your connection drops, have you noticed any change in the light pattern on your modem?  Does it start flashing, change colours or remain solid white?

Do you have any devices connected via Ethernet by chance? If so, do they also lose connection? Is every device in the home losing connection simultaneously or only some? Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: My phone is linked to the tv , and WiFi has to restart all the time. Signal always get dropped.

Bunny_11
I've been here awhile
Good afternoon RogersCorey,
Thanks for your reply.
I didn't pay attention to the modern. It happens few times every week. The TV shows RESTART or just dropped. So I tried to restart my phone and link back to the tv.
Sometimes I have to restart several times.
My cell phone service is with Fido, home internet service is with Rogers. I don't know whether it has some conflict.

Thank you for clarifying. It sounds like this is most likely a WiFi related issue and we should troubleshoot further.

Where is your modem located? If it's situated directly next to any other electronics, such as your TV or speaker system, it could be interference from your electronics that are destabilizing your WiFi connection. If you had it in an enclosed space, that could also be degrading your WiFi connection. Moving your modem to an alternate location away from these sources of interference may help.

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on and run some tests for you! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation