cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem Suddenly Blocking Website

KPS1
I've been around

I have Rogers ignite modem/router and all of a sudden we do not have access to website audible.ca.

I have logged into the modem/gateway and there are no parental controls that have been added.

Model: CGM4140COM. Any ideas how to stop websites being blocked without any parental controls on? 

There doesn't seem to be a safe list that I can add website too.

***Edited Labels***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Modem Suddenly Blocking Website

RogersRahul

Greetings @KPS1!

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how annoying it can be when a certain website that you rely on won't work. We'd be happy to assist you with this.

We'll just need some more information to get started.

• What type of device are you using (make/model) to try to access the website?
• What Internet browser are you using? 

• Have you tried to clear the browser cache?
• Is the issue sporadic or constant? 
• Are you using any third-party router or mesh network?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
RogersRahul

Zelly
I've been around
We are having the exact same problem with our modem. We have the ignite 500 service

sherrimac13
I'm here a lot

We are also having the same issue...just with Audible on any device or browser.  

Hi @sherrimac13 & @Zelly,

Thank you both for your post here on the Rogers Community Forums!

That can certainly be frustrating losing access to certain websites suddenly when they were working before. To help further with this issue are you able to provide us with some more information? Can you let us know the details outlined in @RogersRahul post above? 

Also, to add does the issue occur on more than one device. 
Were there any changes to your connection once you noticed the issue occurring?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersJermaine

sherrimac13
I'm here a lot

• What type of device are you using (make/model) to try to access the website?  Dell, HP desktops, Chromebook and IPhone and Samsung phone
• What Internet browser are you using? multiple, doesn't make a difference

• Have you tried to clear the browser cache? yes
• Is the issue sporadic or constant?  constant
• Are you using any third-party router or mesh network? no

sherrimac13
I'm here a lot

On my desktop, this is the error:

Screenshot 2022-08-18 201314.jpg

On my phone (when connected to wifi):

Privacy error.jpg

why don't u try turning off protected browsing and try the site?

Already tried that. FYI now the community forums are also blocked. Can only access it via phone on data.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

try going into your modem and changing the settings?  you can also call rogers they can change the settngs remotely if you are having issues, or perhaps your modem needs to be factory reset

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just ran into a weird problem where I was unable to log into Slack.  I don't have any security features enabled on my Ignite gateway but I was getting an ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error:

This site can’t be reached

slack.com’s server IP address could not be found.

This is not the first time that I have seen this problem.  A few days ago, I had difficulties connecting to a different site.

I have DNS over HTTPS enabled in my browser.  In both cases, I found that I could fix this problem by either switching to a different DoH provider or by disabling DoH.  (Sometimes, multiple DoH providers failed to resolve the problematic site.)  I was also able to replicate the problem on both a Mac and PC, and was able to replicate this on both systems using differnet web browsers.

The gateway wasn't blocking the problematic sites and other tests confirmed that I was resolving via DoH just fine and resolving using the provider that I had selected.

Just sharing this to point out that there are other (weird, subtle) things, totally unrelated to the Ignite gateway, that could be make it seem like a site is being blocked.

Hello, While trying to reach the site below, I see that the modem blocks it. (no problem on different devices) Do you know how I can unblock it?

alchemlife.com.tr

Macbook Pro

Safari & Chrome

Yes

there is always a problem
   No

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@PelinAda : I copied the link and was able to get to the website no problem, although it did take a few seconds to load. I believe it's Turkish, so I can see why some extensions or other may block the website. I got to the website just fine using Chrome on my Mac Mini on Rogers.

Here are some other tips that may help:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers-Rogers-Apps/Tips-for-Rogers-Websites-amp-Apps/m-p/491...

Here's a screenshot of the website.

TurkeyTurkey

I am using a Firestick. Not an internet browser it's an app. Yes I cleared the cache. Constant. It was working fine then Friday night it stopped working and cannot connect since. I did not change anything. I am using the white Rogers cube router. I tried tethering my phone on Freedom Mobile and the app works fine. You must be blocking me. Can you unblock me? If not, cannot you tell me who to phone at tech support to unblock me? This is extremely upsetting. 

Regards,

Alex

Good Day @Alex121

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community! 😊 We're sorry to hear about the inconvenience this has caused. Do you happen to be getting an Ignite Advanced Security Pop Up? If not, we can look into disabling Advanced Security to see if that rectifies the issue. If you are still experiencing connectivity issues please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can investigate it for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersJo

Hello

I have the similar issue. Modem is blocking website. Is there any way to unblock it? this particular website is inaccessible from laptop or computer, no matter what the browser i am using. This is the screenshot from the modem. Thanks

Ignite Modem.jpg 

Hello @Abdullah5,

Welcome to the Community!

Did you previously have access to the website in question? When did the access stop? Please answer the questions below for more info:

RogersZia

Hundog
I've been here awhile

Actually I tested and Rogers is blocking any site if you are using a VPN with a virtual location!

@Rogers, why are you blocking the usage of VPN?

Greetings @Hundog! 😊

Thanks for your contribution to this thread! I just have a few questions for you if you don't mind:

Is the issue transpiring solely when you're on VPN?

Do you encounter the same issue with the websites when you are not connected to VPN?

In the event that this issue is occurring while you are on VPN, it wouldn't be our gateway modem that's blocking it because your connection to that website is going through the VPN. The issue would then lie with the VPN connection.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo 

LordDrakkon
I'm a trusted contributor
Have you tried setting the DNS manually in the modem to either Google's, Cloudfire's, or something else to see if that resolves the issue?

We are having the same problem, suddenly.

-What type of device are you using (make/model) to try to access the website?

We are using the moden Rogers provided us with— tplink ARcher AX55
It happenson ALL browsers: Chrome, safari, Firefox, both desktop and iOS

Seems irrelevant since it happens on all devices and browsers
constant
IO have to use one now in order to access the websites I need. for sime reason I can access them with VPN from Netherlands but not with Rogers. 

Topic Stats